file New Triton Reference Speakers

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 7 years 4 hours ago

hot_rod wrote: Dealer replied back and said: "The speakers are not delivered to us in that manner. It could be that we get them by the skid load. See photo below":

Like I told you, what I said
Steal your face right off your head

He's Gone

Lyrics: Robert Hunter
Music: Jerry Garcia
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
I guess I’ll post this on this thread...

I was playing a TV recording from awhile ago of the Kennedy Center Honors where among the honorees were the Eagles. Well, the HT was set for Dolby + Neural:DTX, or 9 channel upmixing. The upmix process depends on the feed, so anything from center only to fronts only to all 9 channels can occur.

I listened to various performers do Eagles hits, and kept thinking a whole bunch of channels were playing, it was so immersive. Got up at some point to check on what channels were playing what, and realized that only the front T Ref’s were doing it all !! I’ve said before the sound field the T Ref’s create is amazing! But to have the fronts sound like so many more channels just had to be helping out. Well, Wow.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Bro Rick,
I love it, I am glad to know I am not the only one here who has to physically walk up and put my ear to speakers to see if they are playing or not?
Bums me the other way though, OFTEN I put on some two channel (well not that often,but IF I want to recommend to you guys) and start to listen in stereo and find there is lots of surround going on, only to look and find that the damn processor has switched to one of the pseudo surround matrixed modes. I have to go back and force a DIRECT or REFERENCE STEREO mode.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 11 months ago
I now have over 70 hours on the T Refs. I'm pretty much happy with placement, and today would like to attempt spiking them. Could anyone provide me with a picture of the bottom of the "Base Plate" and how far from the corners the holes are. I will be attempting to do this myself.

Thanks
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 11 months ago

anthem wrote: I Could anyone provide me with a picture of the bottom of the "Base Plate" and how far from the corners the holes are. I will be attempting to do this myself.

anthem, glad to hear you're making progress. Mine kept getting better (for my ears) until the 70 hour mark or so. Now, at nearly 200 hours, I am in Nirvana.

When I unpacked my TRefs, the small rubber feet were already installed. After I got them into position, I very carefully leaned them a few inches to the side, not quite balancing them on the feet on the opposite side. Then, while holding the speaker in position, I unscrewed the rubber feet. Then I was able to screw in the spikes by feel. This is not the easiest thing in the world to do as the threads are tricky to get engaged, but you can get there eventually. Since my speakers are on laminate flooring, I positioned the discs under the spikes as I lowered the TRef back to level. Then I did the other side. Once you screw in the spikes as deeply as you can (given your adjustment goals), be sure to tighten the jam nut against the plinth at least finger tight.

I was able to do this by myself, but it would help to have a buddy there to brace the speaker while it is leaning so you can concentrate on the feet.

If your rubber feet were not installed, you can still lean the speaker a few inches on the plinth edge (on carpet, I hope) and feel around for the tapped holes on the underside. They are there somewhere...Harder, but I've done that with the T1s.

Sorry I don't have a picture, maybe Moderator Dude has some stock photo he can share.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Charlie:
Thanks for the information. I never thought about leaning the speakers on their sides -- makes sense. I've always done front to back with the T2's. I think I'll take your advice and have a "Buddy" my Wife help me when she gets home later this afternoon. Better safe than sorry...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers