file New Triton Reference Speakers

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 7 years 7 hours ago
I picked up mine at the dealer, and they were packaged like the pictures with the extra side cardboard pieces and bands. I think if you transported with care (as the dealer probably did), these extra bits aren't necessary. The styrofoam clam shell inside looks pretty bombproof to me.
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 7 hours ago

hot_rod wrote: Thanks for the pics. A dealer delivered mine since I didn't have a vehicle large enough, but they didn't have the extra outer packing boxes (+ rubber bands?) and protection like yours, just the "inner" cardboard box. Maybe they took the extra packaging off at the store? The boxes that arrived seemed to be factory sealed. Just seems odd now seeing yours that they wouldn't have transported them here with the extra protection in place, especially for speakers at this price point. How did others take delivery/pickup of their TRefs? Maybe my experience is normal? (or do dealers need to be educated?)

Hi hod rod. The outer packaging is used when the speakers are shipped in bulk (i.e. hundreds of them on the boat and tens of them on a fedex truck). The reason you are seeing others including myself who received the packaging with the bulk packaging is because the dealers are typically not doing anything other than signing the delivery receipt and immediately passing the said merchandise on to buyers. In all likelihood you have not been negatively impacted in any way because the outer bulk packaging was not in place. You would (or should) know if the cartons you received were opened because the internal contents are also wrapped in such a way that it would be obvious. Enjoy your new speakers. I think you will :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 7 hours ago
Last edit: 7 years 7 hours ago by Moderator. info_outline
They should have been delivered the same way all the pics show, with outer boxes and banding in place.

If they are in fine condition the only issue is if you planned to keep the packing for future re-pack. If so, contact your dealer and tell them you want the rest of your packing material. You won't want to buy it later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• hot_rod's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 45
hot_rod Posted 7 years 6 hours ago
Thanks Moderator for clarifying - I have contacted the dealer to obtain the packing/banding etc. so that down the road when moving houses we can re-pack them as safely as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 6 hours ago
You bet. To further clarify, the bands were surely cut to remove. If desired, they can be re-banded for shipping with a banding kit from any shipping supplies store.

• hot_rod's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 45
hot_rod Posted 7 years 4 hours ago
Dealer replied back and said: "The speakers are not delivered to us in that manner. It could be that we get them by the skid load. See photo below":

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers