file New Triton Reference Speakers

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 6 years 11 months ago
anthem - it wouldn't be wise to attempt to put the spikes on by yourself while the towers are upright. glad to read you intend to enlist a helper.

anthem / charlie - while in the upright position, sandy stated that the way to put the spikes on is tilt speaker front and back, not left to right side. while seemingly that shouldn't make a difference, I'm merely providing just a heads up

in the interim, I await a response from Sandy and/or the moderator as to the seemingly erroneous statement (one word) in the latest HiFi mag review :ohmy:
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 11 months ago
I find side to side easier, and less likely to break the front of the base, but either will work ... with a helper for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Yesterday I was experimenting with tipping the T Refs foreword by using 1 in. Styrofoam blocks in the rear. This is by far the best I've heard the T Refs sound. I measured the silver spikes this morning, and wouldn't you know, they are 1 in...perfect. Spiking only the rears is ok? Would All 4 spikes on each speaker be better sonically than rears only?

P.S. will be using side to side spike installation with the help of the wife...white Gloves of course.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 6 years 11 months ago

anthem wrote: ....Spiking only the rears is ok? ......

Yes

anthem wrote: .... Would All 4 spikes on each speaker be better sonically than rears only?...

Yes.

However, from a practical perspective you (or anyone else) would be hard pressed to "hear" a difference.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Bro Anthem, that is what I did with my T Ones.
Oh, I just saw, I should run that moniker together like you guys did with the TRefs.
Then it becomes TOnes!!!!!!

Happy listening, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, DGA

• hot_rod's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 45
hot_rod Posted 6 years 11 months ago
another extremely positive trade review just posted this week, I don't think I saw a link posted here yet (apologies if it was):
hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/speaker/floo...loudspeakers-review/

the demo tracks quoted in article as being provided by Sandy are the same that sold me at the local dealer (Dean Martin, Beach Boys etc), but also some listening to the reviewers own material too.

Any chance we TRef owners can get a copy of the demo disc used, so we can blow away visitors with the same Sandy-selected tracks? :)

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers