file New Triton Reference Speakers

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 6 years 11 months ago

hot_rod wrote: ...... hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/speaker/floo...loudspeakers-review/ .....

I love the (ahem) similarity between the acoustic foam in that video and mine B)

halr.x10.mx/AV.jpg
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
We all (current owners) know how incredible the T-Refs are, but speaking/writing of reviews, *I have yet to see/hear/read anything with some kind of objective performance measurement data* other than the sound and vision sensitivity graph.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 11 months ago

GDHAL wrote: We all (current owners) know how incredible the T-Refs are, but speaking/writing of reviews, *I have yet to see/hear/read anything with some kind of objective performance measurement data* other than the sound and vision sensitivity graph.

GDHAL, patience will be rewarded, probably.

"Stereophile's editor, John Atkinson, currently has a pair of Triton References in his listening room, in preparation for a full review to appear in our January 2018 issue."
www.stereophile.com/content/sandy-gross-...-new-jersey-saturday

As you know, John Atkinson always has measurements with Stereophile reviews. I'm very much looking forward to this.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by anthem. info_outline
With the help of my Lovely Wife, I installed the spikes on the back of the T Refs this afternoon. Problem is, they are to short, not enough tilt. I need a spike that is at least 2 1/4 in. Mapleshade has Threaded thick carpet Heavyfoot for $47 each (needing 4). Do these look like a Winner? or do any of you guys have other suggestions.

shop.mapleshadestore.com/mobile/Threaded...roductinfo/TKHF-THR/
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 11 months ago

GDHAL wrote: We all (current owners) know how incredible the T-Refs are, but speaking/writing of reviews, *I have yet to see/hear/read anything with some kind of objective performance measurement data* other than the sound and vision sensitivity graph.

Both Stereophile and Soundstage! have speakers in for review and both do a battery of "consistent" measurements, for those who desire such things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 11 months ago

anthem wrote: Mapleshade has Threaded thick carpet Heavyfoot for $47 each (needing 4). Do these look like a Winner? or do any of you guys have other suggestions.

shop.mapleshadestore.com/mobile/Threaded...roductinfo/TKHF-THR/

They look ok, but be careful about the length of the threaded screw. You want to make sure the depth of the tapped hole in the speaker plinth is deep enough to take it. Even if the threaded hole goes through, you don't want a longer "screw" going into an unknown area inside. You never know what's in there. If you can, measure the length of the supplied spike screw and compare.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers