file New Triton Reference Speakers

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 1 week ago
A good, long time friend/co-worker of mine over here passed away recently, so I did not get your initial impressions post Bro Rick, until I got it on my phone while traveling 3 days for his funeral down South.
So I have been eagerly following your comments but not able to respond or ask questions. Sounds like all your questions are
getting answered and well answered too!!!!
That is great, and glad the Judy likes them too, cool that they have gotten you two to dancing!!!!!
When you wrote about auditioning them in the store, broken in and with good tube equipment, I thought to my self, I hope they can sound that good, or nearly that good when you get them home and outta the box. So I am happy that they do sound great, happy for you!!!!
As far as two-channel listening goes, that will be the most revealing, but when it comes to surround mode, with the Ones in the surround, I am sure that will blow away anything your dealer or any of the rest of us have set up, perhaps better than even Sandy has, unless he has done the same!!!!
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Rackon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 7 years 6 days ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hey, Wayne

Thanks for the complements! I'v been thinking about stuff... First, I have been SO impressed with the gear and systems I've been following on this forum. I love my system as it is, but I also know there are so many great systems, and gear, represented on this forum. As I've said before, I would love a tour of all the amazing systems represented here, yours, Anthem;s, T Cobe's, Art's, on and on, ANY of the T Ref systems and amazing gear feeding them, and of course any of the GEt team's systems! As Moderator Dude has said, "It's more than just speakers"! I'm sure there are nuances and room differences for all. Frankly, I am intimidated by the thought of comparing my setup to anything Sandy, Moderator Dude, or any of the GEt team has or chooses to have, with all their experience about how to match gear.

Let's just say I am totally happy with my new setup!! Love it, love it!

That's good enough for me.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe, Rackon

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 6 days ago
Yes, Bro Rick, agreed, understood!!!
I am so glad you are happy with your system, as you VERY WELL should be.
And I did not really mean to compare your system to anyone else's but guess I sorta did by reference.
I just think you have built a surround system there that is VERY LIKELY, in all I have read or heard of, one of the better surround sound systems in existence!!!! (at least on this forum).
It certainly has that potential anyway, and I feel sure you will get it there.
Anyway, the point is to enjoy what you have now to the fullest!!!!!
We are so glad you are sharing here.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe, Rackon

• DGA's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 56
DGA Posted 7 years 5 days ago
Could someone please measure the TRef box size for me? I'm trying to determine if they'll fit in my Q7 before I drive 300 miles to get them . I have about 6 feet.

Thanks!
iMac
Schiit Yggy
Tortuga LDR3V2
Bob Latino ST-120
GoldenEar Triton Reference

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 5 days ago

DGA wrote: Could someone please measure the TRef box size for me? I'm trying to determine if they'll fit in my Q7 before I drive 300 miles to get them . I have about 6 feet.

Thanks!

In inches: 27 1/4 x 63 3/4 x 17 7/8
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Rackon

• DGA's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 56
DGA Posted 7 years 5 days ago

GDHAL wrote:

DGA wrote: Could someone please measure the TRef box size for me? I'm trying to determine if they'll fit in my Q7 before I drive 300 miles to get them . I have about 6 feet.

Thanks!

In inches: 27 1/4 x 63 3/4 x 17 7/8

Thank you so much! The cabin space at its smallest (sloped back window) is 29X66X43. Looks like 2 will barely just fit. I'm going for it!
iMac
Schiit Yggy
Tortuga LDR3V2
Bob Latino ST-120
GoldenEar Triton Reference
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rackon

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers