file New Triton Reference Speakers

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Wayne,

Thanks for your comments on Bel Canto. Yes, I read the Stereophile review, and the latest issue has a follow up by Herb Reichert, who also raves. John Atkinson's measurements confirm that this is a great amp.

John Atkinson measured the impedance of the T1s, and they dip to around 3 Ohms in a couple of places, so IF the TRefs are similar, I think they would benefit from an amp that can easily push current into low impedances. Hence the Bel Canto.

I also would like something a wee bit on the warm side but able to preserve the detail these speakers are capable of.

Now....back to waiting for the call from my TRef dealer.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Rackon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fbreynolds's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 70
fbreynolds Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Very good article by Anthony Cordesman on the Reference that includes an interview with Sandy on the design considerations -

soundsinc.com/nf-goldenear-tref-10aug2017/

Summary Judgment
Highly recommended. Well worth auditioning and fully competitive with some substantially more expensive speakers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 7 years 4 weeks ago
The Conrad-Johnson MF2550 250wpc amp arrived yesterday and it looks absolutely brand new even though it is 8-9 months old. I didn't do much listening yersterday, I let it cook the rest of the day with the Isotek test and equipment burn in cd. I just finished a 3 hour listening session and for once, I didn't fall asleep!!! The sound was very sweet with the combination of the CJ amp, my Rogue RP5 tube preamp, and my GE Triton Reference speakers. The source was my Sony HAPZ1ES Music Server. It is the best sound I have gotten out of the Triton References so far.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Forgot to add the pictures of the amp, Duh!
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, Dwight, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 4 weeks ago
Great Stereo5, thanks for the pics. I bet it sounds GREAT!!!!
Is that he SE model, or the standard model?
I was surprised to see that it is solid state, I did not know CJ made anything other than tube amps.
But I am sure it is a super amp, it is VERY well reviewed. Indeed the review I read said it was a touch warm sounding and forgiving. So that may prove to work extremely well with the References.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Wayne, You hit the nail right on the head. The main reason I bought the amp is for what you stated, a bit warm sounding. So far, it seems to be a match made in Heaven. This is not the SE version as I heard they are a little more anylitical sounding with more detail. Should I decide to go the SE route at a later time, I will send it to the factory for the upgrade and put my Odyssey Stratos Extreme amp back into duty. I am not planning on selling the Odyssey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New Triton Reference Speakers