file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Watched "Bad Moms" last night. NOT a family movie, NASTY!!!!!
I really like Mila Kunis, and Christina Appelgate.
Some laughs.
PQ and SQ were incidental, as the movie, nothing worth mentioning.
Except M. Kunis
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 9 months ago
I didn't think raunchy comedies were your bag, Wayne. I warned you with my review... Filthy comedies with shock value are all the rage right now. Thankfully I'm not easily offended. I thought Bad Moms was pretty funny. Ironically, it was written by men.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Hey Bro T. I do like comedies, but not raunchy.
Sorry, seem to have missed your review of it, too much going on this last 6 weeks.
Last night we started to watch the new Indep. Day, but the wife and girlie could not remember the old one (??? I know, I thought it was me that could hide my own Easter eggs!!!) so we watched it first, which I was happy to do. Not about good sound, just a good story.
IF I ever get all my speakers working and positioned right, get DIRAC run again, get my bass under control, then I MAY be ready to get some critical listening in on some good movies.
Not gonna happen soon though.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Wayne:

I've noticed over the past several months you keep referring to the "Girlie"...why not adopt her and call her "Daughter?"
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

The Wife and I watched Don't Breathe today. It looked like an interesting thriller with a bit of a plot twist. All in all, not a bad film. If you're a fan of the thriller genre, I'd give this a modest recommendation. 3.5/5 from an entertainment perspective. I would have liked a little more dialogue and character development.

We watched this title on demand, so I can't rate the picture or sound quality. I can't figure out why the media keeps writing that disks and disk players are on their way out. The quality you get from streaming is just not as good and paying $5.99 for a 2-day rental seems a bit much. I guess convenience wins out on occasion and it is nice not to have to leave the house when it's cold and windy out.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I picked up Jason Bourne on Blu-Ray this afternoon and watched it this evening. I had to look back on the sight because I thought someone had mentioned this one already, but I couldn't find anything.

This most recent installment of the Bourne series finds Matt Damon back as the lead character. Where has he been, what has he been doing? Seems like he's been keeping himself sharp by moonlighting as a bare knuckle boxer and waiting for the right time to get back in the game. The story takes off quick on this one and it moves fast. Due to the pace and the amount of things happening, it gives the illusion of a complex plot, but there isn't much depth to the story or characters here. We'll call this a fun action film and give it a modest recommendation. 3.5/5 for the movies entertainment value.

The technical bits were pretty decent. The picture was sharp and there was a lot of detail. The color was solid and the film never looked washed out. SQ was also pretty good in most of the important areas. Dialogue was clear and there was plenty of surround effects. Dynamics seemed okay but there seemed to be a lack of LFE. While everything was solid, there was nothing of demo quality here. 4.5/5 for picture and 4/5 for sound.

Cheers,

T Cobe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?