file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Hey, imahawki

Ditto for me on your comments about In the Heart of the Sea. Good flic. Not sure if another sea adventure film has been mentioned here, The Finest Hours, but also well worth watching. It's the true story of what's considered the finest Coast Guard rescue in it's history, when the second of two tankers broke up off the coast of Massachusetts in a fierce winter storm and a Coast Guard crew went out in a small 38' boat to find and bring back the tanker survivors. The coast Guard cutter and crew took a pounding in raging seas, found the foundering tanker and rescued all but one of the foundering tanker's crew. Great story line, lots of action, with SQ to match.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Imahawki, Rick took the words right outta my mouth regarding "In the Heart of the Sea", great flick!!! And then added another, "Finest Hours" also a great flick!!!!
Well commented guys,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
"Me Before You" stars the normally wonderful Emilia Clarke (Dany the Khalessi in Game of Thrones).
The message is that it is better to be dead than disabled. The girl is supposed to turn that around, but she has put on weight in this movie and the guy cannot do anything except kiss her anyway, (SPOILER ALERT) so she does not convince him otherwise.
It is a love (girl) flick. So PQ and SQ don't really count, and they did not.
Your ladies may want to see it, who knows?
No recommendation here,
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I hadn't really gotten over the awful "Legend" a true story of British gangsters, when last evening I finally found "Foxcatcher" on the telly. I have looked to buy this movie for the longest, finally saw it, or should I say, suffered through it for free. I could not believe this shithead was a real person, this was a pretty much true story!!!!
Then, not knowing what it was, I was hoping to watch a good movie, put on my recent purchase, "Black Mass". Well, it turns out to be a true story of a Boston gangster!!!! And the FBI does not come out looking good in this one at all!!!!!
The PQ is good enough to see how great Johnny Depp's makeup job is.
The SQ was only by way of 5.1, but the bass came through much better than the surround effects. In a couple of scenes there was great use of the LFE. That was all that was remarkable to me.
Well, the stupidity of the FBI was very remarkable.
NOT recommended unless you like that kinda thing.
I gotta find a good movie to watch!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Wayne, Wayne, Wayne:

You gotta find a Good movie to watch?
Have I got your perfect movie!
Yup...

HAIRSPRAY
Absolutely adorable with top notch sonics.
My guilty pleasure, and it can be yours too.
Enjoy, buddy!

D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: can't type info_outline
Ha ha, Bro Anthem, you have recommended "Hairspray" before and I still have not watched it, even though it is on the telly every now and then for free.
No offense, but I don't like musicals, don't like 50s anything (looks like 50s or 60s which were tough enough to grow up in, let alone revisiting) and don't think I could handle John Travolta in drag. Sorry. But you enjoy it and don't feel guilty, unless the Travolta in drag is the part you enjoy.

Watched a marginally better movie, though the same theme as the others lately, watched "Triple 9".
PQ and SQ nothing outstanding. The pic was grainy, perhaps on purpose to make things look grungy, which they did. It has Gal Gadot in it, but not nearly enough of her for my liking.
Some good acting by Woody Harrelson and others. Maybe recommended for some entertainment value.
I did mention Gal Gadot, right?
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?