file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Ahhhhhhhhh...I'm watching Insidious 2. I went into this with high expectations but it's turned out to be the same old scene's, with the same old familiar spirits....same crap different year. Ya hear that?...that's me snoring. Thumbs down!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Ho Silver...Just got through watching The Lone Ranger starring Johnny Depp as Tonto and Armie Hammer as The Lone Ranger.
Storyline...Greed of the white man and an Indian who sold out his village for a cheap pocket watch from Sears. Justice is what a man must take for himself. Anything for justice -- henceforth the mask. Comedy, action, and more comedy...this movie is the best I've seen in quite some time. Two thumbs UP!!

Awesome picture and a 7.1 soundtrack... doesn't get much better.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Master and Commander The far Side Of The World with Russel Crowe
I stumbled across this at a Wal-Mart for under $5.00(also on Amazon for the same price www.amazon.com/Master-Commander-Side-Wor...=Master+and+Comander). I don't remember hearing of this movie when it was originally released. I thought it looked interesting , and for five bucks...
This is one of the best action movies I have seen in a long time!!!! The special effects and cinema photography are stunning. You truly get a sense of what it would be like to be on a ship of this era. The storyline is fantastic (Strategy, twists & turns, ups & downs). Besides the epic battle scenes there were a lot of little details I found interesting, the relationships between the men, how the captain treated his men, and the struggles they faced with life on board the ship. There are some scenes that are not for the squeamish, battle aftermath and a few surgery Scenes.
The sound is fantastic, DTS HD 5.1 Master Lossless. The Battle scenes put you in the middle of the action. There is a scene when the ship is in the middle of a major storm that is also very impessive.
Attachments:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Great disc, demo quality stuff. Big demo hit for dealers when it was first released on DVD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MOBrien

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Great Master & Commander review MOBrien. I've seen it many times and as moderator said great demo material. The cannon fight scenes are pure ear candy. I use to audition speaker systems in Wichita with this disc.

The following user(s) said Thank You: MOBrien

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by anthem. info_outline
In the past few days I've seen a bevy of movies. The Oppo 105 is a solid performer with amazingly fast load and switching capabilities. It beats my Denon 3800 ($2000.00) hands down. Technology today is amazing.

Fast & Furious 6
2 Guns
Red 2
Mission Impossible / Ghost
Scorpion King 3
Resident Evil:Afterlife
Resident Evil:Retribution
Resident Evil: Apocalypse

They all share the same theme: greed, guns, blood, beautiful women, action and humor...don't forget the zombies.
My favorite-Resident Evil:Afterlife...absolutely phenomenal sound.
Worst of the bunch--Scorpion King 3...has some good comedy but other than that a sleeper.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Sloppy

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?