file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Rick,

Best your wife is occupied elsewhere and that you safeguard your kitchen breakables... Those T1s and T2s are going to rock the house!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Okay folks, I finished season one of Mr. Robot today. Let's call it a psychological crime drama that was part Hackers, part American Psycho, and part Fight Club. Mostly drama here and not a lot of action to light up the big screen or GET speaker system. What it did have was a boat load of tricky dialogue, in terms of intelligibility! The SCXL handled it well but it was still streaming on DirecTV, so it was certainly not up to par.

I don't want to give anything away, but let's just say the twists aren't completely unexpected. It took 8 episodes to reveal what I figured out in the first episode or two. This is full of social commentary on the woes of greed and income disparity. The cast is top notch and the script is well written. This is very dialogue heavy and can be a bit abstract at times. If you have a bit of a dark side, like me, you'll enjoy this one. It is definitely on the darker side. Based on the quality of the audio and video via streaming, it may be better to track this one down on disk if you're going to watch it. In the end, I look forward to season two.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 8 months ago
I haven't watched anything recently because I've been too addicted to Fallout 4 as mentioned in another thread. The game has great music and ambient sounds by the way.

Next on my list is probably Ant Man and it sounds like I need to watch the newest Mission: Impossible soon as well!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Imahawki,

I can only imagine how immersive Fallout 4 must be. I'm still waiting to open that Pandora's box. I look forward to some down time. Ant Man and M:I Rogue Nation are both fun. MI will blow you away with the sound!

Sorry about the Hawkeyes losing the big game. I was rooting for them. The Big10 had some mixed results. I hate to admit it, but I'll be cheering for Alabama on the 11th.

Cheers,

T Cobe
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Thanks for the condolences ;) It was rough but I'm always proud to be a Hawkeye. I despise Saban so I just can't root for 'Bama.

I'll let you guys know what I think of the movies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi Guys,
I may be a little lost. Not sure if it is this thread or the cables thread where we were discussing playing movies
like MI 5 Rogue Nation LOUD?
Anyway, I finally got my own copy of the BR and got the old SPL meter out, played the motorcycle scene and got it up to 100 dB peaks, not continuous. It was at -5 on my XMC-1 down from "reference" and it was WAY, WAY, WAY too loud!!!!!
IF that is what you normally listen at Bro Anthem, then I am guessing you have a lot of hearing loss, more than I do.
Or, IF not, you soon will have, I am thinking.
And YES, I understand those kinds of levels can stress you speakers/system.
I turned it back down to what I consider "loud-but-fun, the family is not at home to yell at me to turn it down" level, and that was in the 85-90 dB range. Seems I never listen up to or certainly not past 95 dB.
Maybe we are measuring this differently???? I was actually in the same room, at my Fav LP while playing it that loud!! Perhaps you were outside????? OR perhaps you are just guessing at how loud you listen and not actually measuring???
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?