file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: Back on Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation this AM for a sound check. I really can't say enough about the sound on this film! This is certainly my new reference disc. The picture is a bit grainy, with a real film quality to it. I admit that this series and Mr. Cruise are not to everyones' liking, but this is definitely a reference film for sound. There is plenty of challenging material here for center channels. This will be my first film when I finally implement Atmos into my setup. Sorry, I'm done gushing.

Cheers,

T Cobe

Hi, T Cobe

Based on your review, I've ordered a copy. It doesn't show it's ATMOS encoded on the jacket cover shown on Amazon (they usually do), but when I went to the DOLBY site for the list of ATMOS Blu-rays, there it was, and when I clicked on it, it sent me back to Amazon for ordering, so I did.

I'll let everyone know how it sounds in ATMOS...still waiting for Marantz to notify me when the DTS:X firmware is ready for downloading/installing.

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Good evening, Rick. My Blu-Ray of MI Rogue Nation is definitely marked as Atmos. I can't say how the Atmos track sounds, but the regular surround mix is awesome. I really think you'll enjoy the sound. If you like the franchise, you should enjoy the film as well. I look forward to hearing how it sounds on Atmos.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Well good for you Rick, glad to hear you're on the Mission Impossible train. If you haven't seen it, I think you'll like it. Remember...80db is just a whisper, I fart louder than that. When you get to the motorcycle scene, bolt your lazy boy to the floor and crank er up...you'll need at least 100 db to make her feel real. I pray you and your SCXXL get down to the bottom of the hill in one piece...let us know how she does.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

anthem wrote: Well good for you Rick, glad to hear you're on the Mission Impossible train. If you haven't seen it, I think you'll like it. Remember...80db is just a whisper, I fart louder than that. When you get to the motorcycle scene, bolt your lazy boy to the floor and crank er up...you'll need at least 100 db to make her feel real. I pray you and your SCXXL get down to the bottom of the hill in one piece...let us know how she does.

I'll be on it, Anthem, with SPL meter in hand... where approx in the movie is the motorcycle scene?

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Rick,

I'd have you sound meter ready for the whole movie. There are many dynamic scenes. The opening scene starts out with a lot of prolonged bass. My whole room felt pressurized. The motorcycle scene must be at least mid-way through the movie. It'll be right after Tom Cruise gets defibrillated.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395

T Cobe wrote: Rick,

I'd have you sound meter ready for the whole movie. There are many dynamic scenes. The opening scene starts out with a lot of prolonged bass. My whole room felt pressurized. The motorcycle scene must be at least mid-way through the movie. It'll be right after Tom Cruise gets defibrillated.

Cheers,

T Cobe

So.... I guess I won't be playing this while my wife is still sleeping....

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?