file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: Thanks for feedback, most times it seems no one reads my reviews, I appreciate you few guys who do.

You'd be surprised ... views on this thread are in the tens of thousands, and I see you have received almost 2500 Thank You's. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Thanks Moderator Dude, I do appreciate that!!!!!
OK, then, I will keep watching blu-rays and reporting on em, it is a dirty job but somebody has to do it!!!!
Seriously it is good to know that we might be doing somebody some good.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 9 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Thanks Moderator Dude, I do appreciate that!!!!!
OK, then, I will keep watching blu-rays and reporting on em, it is a dirty job but somebody has to do it!!!!
Seriously it is good to know that we might be doing somebody some good.
God Bless,
Wayne

Yes, Wayne, PLEASE keep posting your reviews! Not only do we get a glimpse of what IS worth watching, but also, what ISN'T.

AND, they're always entertaining! Keep it up!

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 9 months ago
OK, now I'm blushing, you guys are too kind!!!!!
There are some seriously kind and generous people on this forum, and I am thankful for you guys!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
OK, I don't know how many folks read ALL the posts, and since this thread and "Currently Playing" are where most reviews are posted...

First, I feel some guilty that I read ALL the post on these threads, and sample/play virtually everything, and get to expand my musical horizons so easily, and don't post enough myself.. thank you, Anthem, Wayne and all for taking the time and effort to share with us!

So, here goes... here's a couple DVD's that I have just LOVED, and while they were discussed on other threads ("Power Cords"), I really want to recommended them here:

Roy Orbison's "Black and White Night" DVD. If you're a Roy Orbison fan, this is THE recording. This is a special one of a kind concert, with all-star help from the likes of Bruce Springsteen, K D Lang, Bonnie Raitt, Elvis Costello, Jackson Brown, Tom Waits... and folks like Kris Kistofferson in the audience. Roy's voice is just gorgeous on this DVD, the instruments are perfectly recorded, the all star group is just special. This is a collector's item for Roy Orbison fans.

The Eagles's farewell from Melbourne tour DVD. (Thank you, DT, for reminding me how great this DVD really is). I have listened to many Eagles recordings that I thought were so-so, maybe flat. Not his one! The Eagles are at their best, in front of a live, enthusiastic audience. The sound quality is superb. Every instrument, every voice, is just so clear. 30 great songs. "Hotel California" is out of this world great. If you're an Eagles fan, this is the BEST recording of their music I have ever heard.

I'll try to do better in the future sharing what I love with all the folks who are sharing what they love.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• Stan 2011's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 11
Stan 2011 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Like Rick I also have considered all the music & video suggestions made by on the forum. Based on their suggestions I added Rosanna Cash "The River & the Thread" and Willie Nelson "Spirit" and have enjoyed both

In addition to Roy Orbison's "Black & White" and Eagles "Farewell 1 Tour Live From Melburne", I find that Leonard Cohen's " Songs From The Road", my wife's favorite, are most often in the Blu-Ray/ DVD player.

Stan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?