file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 9 months ago
T. Cobe,
I totally agree about sing every line musicals, this is not quite that bad, but you are well into the movie before there is a spoken line. Just to compare, if you walked out on Evita (good for you my man!!!!!) then I really don't think you will like this one either.
And then, the dark ending where they debate whether it is right to kill the giant, and the decision comes down to "togetherness" and remembering who is on your side??????? Well that is the way I took it, and had I not been doing other things while this one played, I would not have seen it that far either.
Interested to hear what made your travels so bad, and about traveling in Italy, which is one of the greatest places in the world to me.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Wayne,

Italy is a beautiful country. We picked the tour we did based on the fact that we spent two days in each city versus one. I feel like we barely scratched the surface in each city and that we could have spent weeks in each to really scratch the surface. It was nice not having to drive or fumble our way through finding our way around by taking a tour. We also met some really great people. Combine all of that with the fact that we were able to skip standing in the long lines having passionate experts guiding us through the cities, it was well worth the price and time. Italy is the first place we've visited that we plan to return, so I think that makes it one of our favorites as well.

Regarding the travel to and from, it took a rather long and pointed e-mail to Lufthansa and United to cover it all. We lost 12 hours in Rome on our late arrival and our luggage did not completely arrive until the fourth day of our trip. This was all due to a scheduled strike by Lufthansa employees and a cancelled flight. The luggage was the worst of it since I had no clothes in my carry-on and I spent an hour each evening washing clothes in our bathroom sinks. We made the best of it and will change the way we travel next time.

The way home was even worse! Due to cancelled flights, heightened security, and the ineptness of Lufthansa employees, it took us 48 hours to get home. We missed two flights: one in Munich and the other in London. We ended up spending the night in London at a Holiday Inn, of all places, and once again, I was washing clothes in a bathroom sink... The most aggravating part of it all was the apathy of the Lufthansa employees. Despite cancelling two of our flights and making a host of mistakes, we never received a single apology from one of their employees. Based on their deplorable customer service, I don't expect much will come out of our formal complaints. Lessons learned!

My Wife and I do look forward to another trip to Italy, though there are a few other places in the hopper ahead of that destination. I think I'd like to see Spain and the U.K. before going back, but this is definitely one of our favorite places too, Wayne. Thee is just so much to see and do that one short trip doesn't cover it. I'll try to post some photos later. I'm running into the same size limit issues Anthem was having and need to do some edits. I hope your back is recovering and you were able to find a few good shows to watch.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sorry T. Cobe to hear of your travel problems, but glad you got to see some things you want to go back and see more of.
I have never gotten enough of Italy, been a few times but never on a tour.
And Lufthansa, well most airlines, but state owned airlines especially are REALLY BAD!!!!! But a simple, heart felt apology goes a LONG way!!!! Too bad you couldn't even get that. Reminds me of the lady in the car rental place in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"
I won't quote her here.
Anyway, we are glad you are back all safe and sound.
God Bless,
Wayne

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 9 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: T. Cobe,
I totally agree about sing every line musicals, this is not quite that bad, but you are well into the movie before there is a spoken line. Just to compare, if you walked out on Evita (good for you my man!!!!!) then I really don't think you will like this one either.
And then, the dark ending where they debate whether it is right to kill the giant, and the decision comes down to "togetherness" and remembering who is on your side??????? Well that is the way I took it, and had I not been doing other things while this one played, I would not have seen it that far either.
Interested to hear what made your travels so bad, and about traveling in Italy, which is one of the greatest places in the world to me.
God Bless,
Wayne

I think I have a special place for Into the Woods as I played the Baker in my high school production. Even that said, when I watched the movie I had forgotten what an incredible buzzkill the ending is.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WOW Imahawki,
You must have a great voice to sing the Baker's part!!!
Well done.
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, imahawki

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 9 months ago
Ha. I'm a solid baritone so some of it was a bit of a stretch for me. I went to a small school so we tended to get young teachers trying to make a name for themselves. I was fortunate that we had good choir and band instructors while I was there. We put on some very ambitious musicals and won 2nd and 3rd in the state in Jazz band while I was there. (I also played Tenor Sax).
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?