file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hey Bro Anthem,
I thought LUCY was pretty OK, if quite a bit out there.
I have watched several movies that I am not proud of, so will just report briefly here. "Pain and Gain" is Bro Anthem's kind of guys, and is supposed to be a true story, but is not even fit to report on.
Also, supposed to be based on a true story is "Rob the Mob" which also proves that people are WAY dumber than you can possibly imagine.
"Bad Neighbors" was like Pain in that it was just rude and crude to the max. Seth Rogen can be funny like Will Ferrell, but just takes high school crude boys' jokes too far.
"13 Sins" had a bit of an interesting premise, or hint that this will explain who/why Kennedy was shot, and why so much evil goes on in the world, but it was not well enough done to follow through on a good idea.
None of the above had any special PQ nor Sound Quality. Not recommended.
I am now playing a good movie with great pic and Sound, and worth watching even for the nth time, "Quantum of Solace".
Wish they made more movies this well.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 7 months ago
This afternoon watched The November Man starring Pierce Brosnan

Five years into his retirement, CIA veteran Peter Devereaux (Pierce Brosnan) is pulled back into service to help retrieve a Russian agent -- also his former lover -- who has incriminating evidence on federov, a corrupt Russian leader. When a different CIA team, led by Devereaux's former protégé (Luke Bracey), shows up, the mission goes south and Devereaux's ex-lover is killed. Now a rogue agent, Devereux drags a relief worker (Olga Kurylenko) along on his mission to settle the score.

Didn't have any blu-ray copies, so made do with dvd. Picture surprisingly good with a good soundtrack to match. Typical Brosnan...he always gets his man. After he passes through, nobody lives...Good movie.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bro Anthem,
That movie has been on my want list for a while now, still have not found it. I hope to soon, I really like Olga Kurylenko, I mean Pierce Brosnan!!! Ha ha, Olga was in last night's Quantum of Solace and as much as I hate to say it, except for her acting skills, Scarlett Jo doesn't have a thing other than acting to compare to Olga!!!!
You think Pierce doesn't leave anybody alive??? Nothing compared to the new 007, he not only kills all the bad guys, even most of he extras in the movie get killed too!!!!
Ha ha, it is all fun, enjoy and do't forget the popcorn!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: forgot the pic again info_outline
Holy Moly Boys and Girls,
I just watched a movie I REALLY liked!!!!!
The sound struck me just in the intro music that is playing behind the top menu! This is a music film, a John Carney film called "Begin Again".
Mark Ruffalo plays a STRONG part along with Keira Knightley (who I would love to see nightly, in every movie and she can sing too!!!!) and Adam Levine sings a great part (I don't totally like Adam Levine, but in this part he is awesome!!!!).
Sound in DTS-HD MA 5.1 does not make great use of the surround channels, it is all about ambience and realism. And the songs sound delicious!
The PQ is great, the scenes in and around NYC are wonderful.
There is some rough language, but it is a great family movie (I don't mean childrens' movie) and sorta bittersweet love story, and coming of age, and redemption of old age/down and out, and MUSIC movie!!!!! Come on, even Cee Lo Green is in this.
MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!
Happy watching/listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: forgot the pic info_outline
Boys and Girls,
Watched "Inside Llewyn Davis" tonight. It is about a struggling musician. It has some pretty good music in it, the great T. Bone Burnett was Exec. Music Prod. It has Justin Timberlake and John Goodman in minor roles. It won the Grand Prix at the Cannes Film Festival two years ago and I hope that everyone after watching it did not go out and kill themselves out of depression!!!!
It is a Coen Bros. movie, so I was expecting a lot, and something different, but not this. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
it SUCKED big time!!!!!!
Get the sound track and listen to a few OK folksy songs if you want, but avoid this movie if you love life.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Watched FURY this morning :

In April 1945, the Allies are making their final push in the European theater. A battle hardened Army sergeant named Don "Wardaddy" Collier (Brad Pitt), leading a Sherman tank in a five-man crew, undertakes a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Hopelessly outnumbered, outgunned and saddled with an inexperienced soldier (Logan Lerman) in their midst, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds as they move to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.

Very good picture quality, light verses dark scenes were outstanding. DTS 5.1 soundtrack was good, but not up to reference...that honor goes to Saving Private Ryan. RECOMMENDED.Fury Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?