file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: forgot to add info_outline
OR
Gentlemen,
IF you prefer your music without words, then here is what I would recommend. This is awesome!
And REFERENCE beyond a doubt.
2L brings us a blu-ray of DSD recorded awesomeness in "Ole Bull: Violin Concertos"
This will put Norway back on some of your maps.
There are two discs, one a blu-ray DTS-HD MA you can select 3 different music formats.
I am listening right now in 5.1 24/192. Tho you could select stereo 24/192 or even 7.1 24/96.
Or the other disc you have a SACD and hybrid SACD, so you can also select the DSD stereo or 5.1 tracks. Or even play it on a normal CD player. Fun for the whole family!
I know I am a bit of a kidder sometimes, but please guys, I am not kidding now, this blu-ray is sheer wondrous music.
No video, but the audio is rapturous.
If you can handle (some pun intended) some classical music you will enjoy this. It is not only for hard core classical peeps. I find his music very approachable.
And the sound, the plucked strings, the trumpets, the full orchestra and of course the solo violin, WOW!!!!
No, this ain't rock and roll. But that is all I can find against it.
Never has my home theater sounded better.
Now trying it in 7.1, holy moly, when I get the T7s in the rear playing too, WOWWWWWW!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, so we got he new year kicked off over here, that is outta the way.
Recently my wife saw most of the new "RoboCop" movie on the TV. She said she thought our family (meaning our daughter) would like it. So she bought it in Blu-ray.
We teed it up tonight before the countdown.
The PQ is great and the sound is DTS-HD MA 5.1 and was really good. Nothing to write home about, but quite good.
My wife commented that the quality of the Blu-ray was WAY above that of the satellite TV, which is really not bad these days (FINALLY, after lobbying for HD TV here in Thailand for years and years).
Considering this has got to be like the 21st remake or something, they took this one pretty seriously. They got Samuel L. Jackson in it, and you know he is VERY picky about what kind of movie he will be in. Ha ha, sorry, Hey, I LOVE the guy!!!!! "Black Snake Moan" is a classic!!!!
And they got Michael Keaton in there with Gary Oldman.
They did enjoy it and I actually liked it my own self, just decent entertainment.
Now that the fireworks have calmed down, I have "Sting Live in Berlin" on.
Moderator Dude, I will put Jo Lawry, who sings with Sting here, up against your girl bass player any day. Ha
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Yep great disc too (Sting in Berlin that is, not Robocop) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 8 months ago
The wife and I are spending the evening watching The Jersey Boys. It's the story of Frankie Vallie and The Four Seasons. Show business is a rough life... they started out with nothing and ended up with nothing. It seems that in every great band there's always a member that's NO good...Tommy is that guy.
This one had a great picture and SQ was top notch. Juanita & I both enjoyed it...I saw it twice.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 8 months ago
The wife &I have been watching Gravity, starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.
Great picture and sound, but doesn't compare to the Wichita Warren I max in 3D...that experience I'll never forget.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well, how did you like it? I thought it was OK.
My wife and daughter use it, "Gravity", as their prime example, their synonym for boring and overblown movie!!!!
So pls tell us more Mr Movie reviewer. And do better review than that Wayne guy.
God Bless,
Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?