file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 9 months ago
I loved that movie - saw it in the theaters. Just got the Blu Ray to watch again. Was hugely popular, except with Wayne apparently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: forgot the pic info_outline
Here is another Blu-ray report, and you can be confident that I tell it like it is, not aware of; nor caring what is hugely popular at the theater or not. Ha ha
Tonight it is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".
This time we watched in 2D, as I read the 3D version is a fake Post-processed as such. Be that as it may, the PQ of this movie was amazing. The REALLY good news here is that Megan Fox is back. The bad news is that she is not sexy in this movie per se, unless you like her face as much as I do.
As to the movie, I was not prepared to like this movie at all. The premise is very far-fetched (I mean, talk about having to suspend disbelief! Talking turtles and rat???), but they do pull off the setup/explanation well. The characters are so likeable and well done, the story is interesting enough, that you get drawn in. Clever indeed.
SQ is what we are here for, and this movie is awfully close to being reference for its DTS-HD MA 7.1
Great sound. I can't say that I noticed the rear surrounds adding any interest more than the side surrounds, just fuller, more immersive sound. Good use of the LFE channel.
No one really demo quality scene that I caught. Just good movie making, picture and sound.
Moderator Dude, if you liked the Guardians of the Universe, then you should really like this--just as silly but much better done IMHO.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I am a big Luc Besson fan. The latest is "LUCY"
This is a VERY interesting movie, as far fetched as talking turtles. But MUCH better IMHO.
I see it was rated around 2/3 of the people liked it, and I would say I liked it about 2/3 too.
PQ is wonderful, Scarlett Johannsen, well what is not to like to look at????
SQ is great, really wonderful soundtrack and great use of the front including LFE. Surround, not so much for a DTS-HD MA 5.1
I enjoyed the premise, the concept of this movie. I really like Scarlett and Morgan Freeman.
I did not like all the evolution and big bang stuff. Not as good as Fifth Element.
Enjoy the movies boys,
God Bless, Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
ABOVE, I think I damned the movie LUCY with faint praise, it is really good. Yes, flawed some BUT this film has a LOT to offer and is well worth watching!!!
Blessings,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Cold nights, movie time. That plasma and tubes really warm the room.
"Hercules" is an interesting take on the old myth, basically mostly debunking the myth.
Not really a demi-god? All the stories were overblown, made up? Or maybe there is some god inside of Dwayne Johnson as Hercules?
Dwayne Johnson (no relation) made the newest version of this old story. As you might imagine this is done well and lots of muscles.
The message, you are a demi-god if you believe you are. Hope that is not a spoiler.
Once again this was made after the fact into a fake 3D in post-production, so we just went with the 2D version. PQ was fine.
SQ is in DTS-HD MA 5.1 and serves the purpose well enough.
This movie is nothing to write home about, but an evening's entertainment after all.
Enjoy the popcorn,
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: Moderator Dude, if you liked the Guardians of the Galaxy, then you should really like this--just as silly but much better done IMHO.

My kids grew up on TMNT cartoons and movies, my wife now refuses to ever watch anything TMNT again, ever. :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?