file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Just finished watching The Equilizer

The film starts out with a quote from Mark Twain: "The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why."

Robert McCall (Denzel Washington), a man of mysterious origin who believes he has put the past behind him,...dedicates himself to creating a quiet new life. However when he meets Teri (Chloe Grace Moretz), a teenager who has been beaten by violent Russian Mobsters, he simply can't walk away. With his set of formidable skills, McCall comes out of retirement and emerges as an avenging angle, ready to take down anyone who brutalizes the helpless.

Done in DTS 7.1, the sound is superb as well as the picture. A fine performance from Denzel...as always. I was glued to my chair...highly recommended.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Thanks Buddy for the good review, I REALLY want to see that one!!!!
Trying to find it.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well it can't be all fun and games and movies. I have been watching some TV shows on disc lately.
I was totally hooked on "24" and think that is the pinnacle to this day. But the wife bought me "Game of Thrones" which I really like too. I tried to watch "Falling Skies" but it got ridiculous/waste of time IMHO.
"House of Cards" saw the first season and looking for the second. "Breaking Bad" is very frustrating to me, as I like a lot about it, but it is like cheering on scumbags.
My point being, the sound on these shows has been getting better and better, the use of surround sound is really improving.
Most times it is just the front wall of sound that is awesome, but every once in a while they use the surrounds in a good way.
Especially Breaking Bad.
The daughter put on a DVD of IronMan 1, but it was a local DVD and both she and the wife commented on how so very much better the picture and sound are on Blu-rays!!!!
I was glad they finally get it.
Happy trails, God Bless,
Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Yesterday I watched, "A Walk Among the Tombstones."

Matt Scudder is an ex-NYPD cop who now works as an unlicensed private investigator operating just outside the law. When Scudder reluctantly agrees to help a heroin trafficker hunt down the man who kidnapped and then brutally murdered his wife, the PI learns that this is not the first time these men have committed this sort of twisted crime nor will it be the last. Blurring the lines between right and wrong, Scudder races to track the deviants through the bpack streets of New York City before they kill again.

Started out pretty good, but as the story unfolded my mind started to stray and quickly lost interest...don't even know how the movie ended. A couple of shootout scenes, other then that...boring.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: forgot the pic info_outline
Thanks Bro Anthem,
I think your comment: ".don't even know how the movie ended" is the exact opposite, has the exact opposite effect as the reviewer saying "and I bought the review sample". Ha ha
OK, last night we watched "Chef".
Well this was entertaining. Any movie which as BOTH Sofia Vergara and Scarlett Johansson in it cannot be all bad. I have no idea who the male actors were, but they were fine.
The shots of food prep, cooking and presentation had my ladies both very hungry and saying, Ohhhh, I want to eat that!!!!!
The Pic Quality was fine, just what we expect from a blu-ray.
The Sound was DTS-HD MA 5.1 and was all you would expect it to be in this sort of movie. This will not make a demo disc, but the music in the film was delicious and made the film for me. There was some language that bothered me a bit with a young boy in the main mix of the movie, but it is what it is.
I would recommend watching this, especially if are a foodie like me. Otherwise this is just good entertainment.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by anthem. info_outline
New release Tuesday, just finished up my 2nd viewing of Lucy.

When a boyfriend tricks Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) into delivering a briefcase to a supposed business contact, the once-care free student is abducted by thugs who intend to turn her into a drug mule. She is surgically implanted with a package containing a powerful chemical, but it leaks into her system, giving her superhuman abilities, including telekinesis and telepathy. With her former captors in pursuit, Lucy seeks out a neurologist, Morgan Freeman, who she hopes will be able to help her.

I thought the PQ was superb and the DTS 5.1 soundtrack well done, especially in the center channel...Scarlets voice was exceptional sounding with very little sibilance. As with most movies, the last 10 minutes is where all channels are put to the test sonically, this one was no exception. A short 1hr.-22m. long...silly fun for a Tuesday afternoon....4 out of 5 star's.

Yes Wayne, Juanita knows that you're in love with Scarlett....your secret is safe.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?