file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
Wayne: I have a friend (female) on Twitter that thinks "Divergent" is da bomb, she also loves Mean Girls...you and her should get together and swap stories.

Thanks for the red flag. :)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: lost the pic info_outline
Well, I don't know how to say this nicely, so I won't.
We waited a LONG time to buy NOAH on blu-ray and I eagerly looked forward to a 3D version with good sound, even toi the fact that he was supposed to be presented as a very human character. After all, a dude that survives the near end of the world, then gets drunk and takes all his clothes off the first chance he gets (this is the true Bible account), he can be portrayed as human as they come.
As for sticking to the story, this movie is pretty full of HORSE SHIT!!!!
Stone monsters??? A stow-away onboard the ark??? A SNAKESKIN symbol of what?????
OK, be all that as it may, and yes, I was interested in the fact that Noah might have been thinking that only the animals were to survive, no humans, that is a thought. Unlikely, but made more convenient in the movie because they could not come up wth wives for Ham and Japeth, guess not enough womens wanted to be in this movie.
Anyway, very decent 3D, not much flying out of the screen at your face, but the underwater scenes were good 3D and the depth of field was good.
Sound: The 7.1 was quite competent, good even. The rear surrounds were not used effectively, but glad to have them fill in.
NOT demo quality IMHO.
I really wished I could have liked it a LOT more. I wanted to.
NOT recommended, except for Jennifer Connelly, Emma Watson and Anthony Hopkins are always worth seeing.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
Hollywood's depiction of the Bible (God's Word) is grossly negligent. In order to understand the Bible, one must be Saved (Born Again), Hollywood IS NOT. In order to be Saved, one must accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their Personal Saviour (in their heart) then, and only then, can the Holy Spirit lead and guide and give one an understanding of the Bible.

Hollywood is for entertainment only, not spiritual matters.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
Friends and neighbors, boys and girls,
We tried "Transcendence" and "Winter's Tale" today / tonight.
Both were in 2D and both in 5.1 DTS. The picture and sound quality was right up there.
Nothing demo quality IMHO, but Winter's Tale has some lovely piano music in there and was WAY the better story.
I like Johnny Depp, but he was REALLY wasted in Transcendence. An interesting premise, but SLOW and the only thing I can say is there was an intelligent ending, not particularly violent for once.
I don't really like Colin Farrell much, but he was good in Winter's Tale. And Jennifer Connelly/Russell Crowe AGAIN. OK Jennifer is always good. So is Crowe.
We enjoyed this movie, it was a good but different love story, morality tale and generally a feel good story.
The Fresh Prince as Lucifer???? That is the magic of movies.
Enjoy and God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
Hey Wayne, care for a game of "hide and clap"? Watched The Conjuring this afternoon. Shortly after you did your review, Dish satellite had a free Cinemax weekend, "The Conjuring" was one of their feature movies, so I recorded it. It's a pretty good movie, although I've seen scarier. I do enjoy Vera Farmiga...she's great on "Bates Motel".

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
No thanks on the game!!!! How did you like the sound? I thought it was used well to add suspense. Especially the bass.
Glad you enjoyed it.
Blessings, Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?