file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 3 months ago
I like to watch movies. We have A/C in the home theater and these HOT nights it is a pleasure to go in there and get cool after a wonderful meal and watch a movie together, my wife and I, the girlie already in bed early as these are school days.
We tried "Bad Grandpa" first last night. DON'T!!!!!!
I should have known, it said, Jackass presents.....
Well, certainly some Jackass was involved, from the beginning, I cannot tell you beginning to end because we could not make it even half way through the movie. GROSS, STUPID and NOT FUNNY at all!!!!
Only good thing about that purchase, I got a blu-ray box out of it to use for another movie.
Then we put on "Mortal Instruments--City of Bones". And watched it to the end. WOW, should have gotten a medal for making it that far. Don't get me wrong, this movie has some redeeming features, Lily Collins, good vs bad and good wins. And Lily Collins. She must make Dad Phil proud.
The movie just tried to do TOO MUCH!!!! X 3.
The comment about making it to the end is just that it was in BAD NEED of an editor. At 2 hrs 10 mins it should have been better at 1 hr 45 mins.
Good special effects, I guess a good sound track, special effects sound doesn't really interest me much. So did not notice the sound. Nothing demo quality at least.
Not recommended unless you have nothing better to do for over 2 hrs.
Did I mention Lily Collins????
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Hey Wayne...good reviews...looks like good movies are far and few, thanks for weeding out the bad..better you than me. Explain the statement, "special effects sound doesn't really interest me much"...I thought that was a huge part of movie magic.

Where do you rent your movies from...do you have new release Tuesday, as the U.S. does...how far do you live from town?

I get the impression your mesmerized by LILY COLLINS...sounds like she can't act, so must be her good looks.Lol

Glad you're enjoying your system...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Bro Anthem,
Looks like I am the only person on here that watches movies much, so I have to do my part.
We are out in the boondocks here, 20 miles out in the country. We cannot count on the internet, and WHEN it does work, it is horribly slow. Streaming is only something we have read about. Heck, we do well to get the electricity on. Running water, well, SOMETIMES that is also a luxury. Not normally, but when the water went off for a coupla days recently, and then the elect. went off, and then only one leg of it came back on, seemed to damage the water pump, we JUST got that fixed after 10 days.
We buy movies here and on Amazon.com.
I do not know what new release Tuesday is, is it some kind of catch and release program for fishermen??????
When I watch a movie, explosions and such sound real enough to me, never heard many in real life, thankfully.
All the gun shots and knives clashing and all that foley stuff in movies, I just cannot judge my audio reproduction based on that stuff, I never heard it in real life, so don't know what it sounds like.
Voices, spoken or singing, instruments, piano, guitars and such, some doors opening or closing, a dog barking, I can tell something from those. That is what I meant by my comment bro.
Lily Collins is Phil Collins' daughter, and except for those eyebrows (that look like they could get outta control, but so far haven't) she is a looker and pretty good actress I guess.
I hope I can help,
God Bless,
Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here we go boys and girls, here is one scary movie.
"Mama".
Simple, lovely name, sounds good, but this is a ghost story. One of the best of that genre, as there actually is a ghost in this movie, and she shows up. AND Jessica Chastain is in this movie.
And a GHOST.
And Jessica plays the bass in this movie.
Recommended if you like ghost stories.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oh, these are supposed to be Music Blu-rays??? Concerts and such?????
OK, how about this one, "Eagles Farewell 1 tour, Live from Melbourne"
This is actually pretty good. Joe Walsh is AWESOME and goofy as always. He makes this concert, with a little help from the other Eagles or course. Some of their harmonies are still killer good. Amazing really.
I would comment on how old these dudes look, but that would be the pot calling the kettle black.
The PQ is outstanding, the SQ is almost top notch, almost reference quality. It is DTS HD MA 5.1
Joe comes out in the second half with these cheap cotton elephant decorated pants that I would bet nearly anything he bought here in Thailand, they are comfortable but look like the $2 you spend for them. I love him. He wears a helmet cam too. AND we get his great, "Life's been good to me".
There are a LOT of great songs on here 34 I think, well done. If you like this kind of music at all, you will get your money's worth.
Yeah, Hotel California is on here, but you have to wait until almost the end this time, and is not the sub tester that it was opening "Hell Freezes Over".
Bro Anthem, there are some really good horn players on here too, though none look like they are named Candy!
Highly Recommended!
Blessings,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Its all good - want a combo platter? Check out CBGB, true story about the club and the start of some then unknown acts like Blondie, Talking Heads, The Police, Patti Smith, The Ramones. Or Maybe Dave Grohl's Sound City, a documentary about the legendary studio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?