file I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?

• Marsman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Marsman Posted 6 years 8 months ago
Interestingly the beauty of the Ones is the individual bass adjustments as one speaker is near a side wall the other is not so I can play with one up and one down depending on corner bass reinforcement. it will be interesting for sure but as long as I get better bass I will be happy
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 6 years 8 months ago
I really like PSB products, but In terms of the GEt line - apart from better/more bass, you’ll find the HVFR tweeter to be something magical. When you play lossless music through a great DAC to GEt speakers, that’s when amazing things happen. I can’t count the times where I am running the system in 2.1 mode for music and folks swear that the center channel is on due to the fantastic imaging and stage. And I’ll admit it - I still get goosebumps when “that portion of that song” plays and hits the high-mids/lower-treble... right at the point where you hear the crystalline purity of the HVFR tweeter in earnest. I’ve got some T2’s set 13’ apart, and it’s really impressive what they can do. T1’s and Trefs... now that’s just showing off ;)
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, charliehatch, HTSME

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Well are you up and running yet?
I have a setup kinda like yours, with Rega RP-8 turntable, also digital sources, Audio Alchemy preamp, Rogue Medusa Amp, and T Ones.
Absolutely outstanding sound - the bass is especially impressive but it's great top to bottom.
The T Ones can be a bit revealing so do think about cables etc if you aren't wowed by the sound...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, charliehatch, HTSME

• Marsman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
Marsman Posted 6 years 7 months ago
So I am up and running. Out of the box I can tell they are the answer to my prayers .. the bass is better and lower and accurate not boomy. I mean it's hard to get a true review going as I can certainly notice the need for break-in as things seem a little constricted but if this means they only get better than holy shit! But yes bass but what I noticed first was the tweeter .. wow. Plus as nervous as I was on them being a bit imposing in my room they really are not. I have them being broken in with a multi CD player at the moment I should have 10 hours by tonight's album side listen and I will continue with the burn in until I get close to 80 hours .. my guess and hope is the highs will relax and the bass will deepen and bloom a little. Next will be interconnects for the VPI. Going the audioquest route I believe. But the only thing I can think to ever upgrade would be the speakers to the reference! This speaker company is amazing. Anybody wanna buy a pair of PSBs lol

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Hey Marsman. Welcome to the cult of Goldear worshipers!

In my system, yes breaking made them sound better, especially the highs. I don't recall much change in the bass, but it sounded pretty good out of the box. You might try tuning them via the built-in volume knobs.

I have plenty of advice about cables etc but of course do some break-in and listening before thinking about making changes.

As to the reference speakers, I own a pair for my HT setup and the T Ones are for my 2 channel. I occasionally think about upgrading them to the refs but man the 2 channel sounds great right now so why mess with it? It keeps me saying "wow"...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 7 months ago
I agree with you TimeCop, and all of you.
There is magic in these speakers.
Take your time breaking them in, listening, moving them around a bit until you find the perfect setup. As mentioned, even cables, etc.
These speakers are a TREAT.
Feed them great musical signals and you will hear the rewards.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?