file I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
HTSME Posted 6 years 6 months ago

gmwinder wrote: Thanks guys...I'm actually listening to Rach #3 Piano Concerto and thinking these are not that bad so how good are the T1's going to sound....I did move the T7's more into the corner and it has def. helped the bass.

GW

In my opinion, the difference between the T7's and T-Ones is "huge". Nothing wrong with the T7's, a good speaker at that price point. However, the T-Ones are a couple of steps above the T7's. All the way from the bass to the treble, your in for a treat. No matter what volume you play them at your going to be impressed.

When I was listening to different speakers I stayed a way from movies until my gut said but them. Then I heard them with the SuperCenter XL and XXL and I had to have them. My dealer told me when I was listening to the T-2+ not to listen to the T-Ones unless I could afford them. The sound was so much better he said I would never be happy with the T2s after hearing the T-Ones.

I really liked the T-2+ and when I listened to the T-Ones, the difference was incredible. The T-Ones had the "thump" in the bass I like and the upper frequencies were so smooth, clear and detailed.

I would start with the 2+ and she how you like them and then repeat with the T-ones. I brought in 4 CD's with a list of the tracks I wanted to hear and then asked the salesman to access several streaming web site. I was stunned with the high resolution songs. Then shifted to movies.

For classical music the T7's and T-2+ are good speakers. When you move up to the T-Ones your in a "new ball game". It will blow you away or you will say, the difference is not that great. All depends upon you. My hunch your jaw will hit the floor.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
HTSME Posted 6 years 6 months ago

Marsman wrote: moving into the corners will help the bass but usually at sacrifice of clarity .. you want speakers usually out of corners and off the back wall as far as possible

Good point Marsman. I also like the wider spacing for the improved sound stage. Your right on with getting them away from that back wall. I was going to experiment with more distance until the Moderator left me a comment on the range off the back wall.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• gmwinder's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 86
gmwinder Posted 6 years 5 months ago
OK...they're here...picked them up today from the dealer. He offered to deliver and install them but I would have to wait until tomorrow which wasn't an option!
I can't think anything could be any better than these. So far I've played Graceland, AC/DC, Rach 3, Miles Davis, John Coltrane. Good job the wife is away for 10 days!
At the moment I've got the subwoofers set at 12 o clock which was the suggestion in the manual.
More to report after I've got them broken in:)

GW
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, charliehatch, HTSME

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
HTSME Posted 6 years 5 months ago

gmwinder wrote: OK...they're here...picked them up today from the dealer. He offered to deliver and install them but I would have to wait until tomorrow which wasn't an option!
I can't think anything could be any better than these. So far I've played Graceland, AC/DC, Rach 3, Miles Davis, John Coltrane. Good job the wife is away for 10 days!
At the moment I've got the subwoofers set at 12 o clock which was the suggestion in the manual.
More to report after I've got them broken in:)

GW

gmwinder - Outstanding. Just wait until you get 60 to 70 hours on them, they will get better and better.

Are you using the rubber feet or did you install the spikes? Keep the subwoofer setting at 12 o'clock for a while then experiment both ways and you will find the "sweet spot". I left mine at 12 for a month before playing with it and I have settled on the 12 o'clock position.

Del

Enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• gmwinder's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 86
gmwinder Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Yes got them on the rubber feet because I have wood floors.
I plan on playing them for the next few days while I’m at work
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

• Marsman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
Marsman Posted 6 years 5 months ago
I have about 40 to 50 hours on my Triton Ones and the mid range is amazing but the High-Velocity folded ribbon tweeter may be one of the best in the industry ! And the bass is SOLID not boomy not there when it should not be just solid and deep and WOW I still feel it has a way to go before being fully broken in (i always feel 100 hours) anyways I am glad I made the move out of PSB

Tim
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, charliehatch, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?