file I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Great Tim, that is wonderful, pls keep us informed as you go.
I agree 1000% about your description, the HVFR is surely one of the best tweeters in all of audio!!!!
The Mids are swell, but the bass really gives the foundation to the whole music!!!!
Enjoy,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Marsman, I'm glad things are going well. Yes, they will continue to improve over time. Please keep us informed.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 6 months ago

Marsman wrote: I have about 40 to 50 hours on my Triton Ones and the mid range is amazing but the High-Velocity folded ribbon tweeter may be one of the best in the industry ! And the bass is SOLID not boomy not there when it should not be just solid and deep and WOW I still feel it has a way to go before being fully broken in (i always feel 100 hours) anyways I am glad I made the move out of PSB

Tim

Yup, your correct. the sound quality at 100 hours is better with the T-ones.
Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• gmwinder's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 86
gmwinder Posted 6 years 5 months ago
So I have about 50 hours on the T1's...I've been using a combination of rock, orchestral and jazz each day. I put a jazz CD (John Coltrane Blue Train) this morning before I went to work and I swear when I came home 8 hours later it sounded better:)
Now I'm wondering whether I have a good enough amp to drive these things. I have the Rega Brio with the Rega Apollo R CD player. It sounds great but the amp was $995 and the speakers were $5000. Any suggestions? Or stick with the Brio?

Thanks

Gary
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 5 months ago

gmwinder wrote: So I have about 50 hours on the T1's...I've been using a combination of rock, orchestral and jazz each day. I put a jazz CD (John Coltrane Blue Train) this morning before I went to work and I swear when I came home 8 hours later it sounded better:)
Now I'm wondering whether I have a good enough amp to drive these things. I have the Rega Brio with the Rega Apollo R CD player. It sounds great but the amp was $995 and the speakers were $5000. Any suggestions? Or stick with the Brio?

Thanks

Gary

Only you can answer that question. Wait until you exceed 100 hours and then do some serious listening. Then go back to your dealer where you got the T-ones and listen to his amp using your CD's. You may start putting money away for the next upgrade or you may say nah, the difference is too small. All depends upon you...yea, you know that.

That is the issue with GET gear, its so good you maybe forced to upgrade due to the quality of the speakers....you don't nothing wrong with that. :ohmy:

From reading your message I can see you smiling...those Triton Ones are so good.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Hi Gary, good question.
The TOnes are amazingly revealing, and will shine with the best front end and amplification.
I don't know the Rega Brio, but I read about it and it may well be a little light for really great sound.
I would think an amp with 100-300 wpc would be more like it. Less for tubes, but going solid state I believe the TOnes want more power.
You may have mentioned, but if so I forgot, what is your front end, your music source, if you don't mind my asking?
That can make a BIG difference too. The better the signal you are feeding the TOnes, the better the amp, the better the resulting sound.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?