file I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?

• Marsman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Marsman Posted 6 years 8 months ago
So my system at the moment is VPI Prime with Soundsmith Carmen mkII and a McIntosh MA-7000 integrated and a pair of PSB T2 towers. Of course my question is a bit rhetorical but I am going in somewhat blind as I have not head the One towers (have heard the Def Techs) and I am aiming for more bass than the PSB's so after a long talk about my tough (square) room with Sandy Gross I decided on the One and the Reference was a bit too big for the room.

So who owns Ones? What should I know?

Cheers
Tim
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 8 months ago
Hey Tim, welcome here!!!!
Don't know about Marsman, but you sound like a Wiseman!!!!
The TOnes are an EXCELLENT choice, I love mine!!!!
Setup is important and don't be afraid to move them around and experiment to find the sweet spot!
You have a great support group there, great front end and the Macs should make the TOnes sing!
At first, I did not get my TOnes far enough apart, so some soundstage was missing. Do not be afraid to move the fairly near the walls, not right up against them, but when you toe in the speakers toward where you sit, the bass modules will not be that close to the walls. And aim them straight toward you, try a little in front and a little behind, until you find the sweet spot.
I hooked up the LFE inputs and have my bass set at around 10:30 to 11. You should have lots of wonderful bass. Mids and Highs through the HVFR tweeter should be sweet as.
I found, for my personal taste, when I was using all silver interconnects and speaker cables the highs were just a little analytical/bright for me and poorly recorded discs (you MAY avoid this with vinyl) that were etched with what I call "'digititis" or "digital glare" were very hard to listen to. But I changed for some ics and speaker cables that are a little more forgiving on the very top end and now I can still hear that (there are a few) not great recordings but I can live with them. Still highly resolving, but not etched.
Hope this helps, this is the place if you want to ask any more questions, bottom line, I think you made a fantastic decision and are gonna LOVE those new babies!!!!!
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 8 months ago
The T REFS to Big for the room? That's ridiculous. No such thing.

How Happy will you be with the T1's? I'd be sitting down, wouldn't want you in the ER!:P
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• Marsman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
Marsman Posted 6 years 8 months ago
Ha! thanks guys I am trying to figure out how to get the speaks home from the store right now not sure they will fit in my car
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 8 months ago
T1s will be fabulous. You should be sitting down, for sure! I can't see why either the T1s or the TRefs would be too big. Nice thing about both is you can turn down the bass amps to reduce problems with room boundary reinforcement.

A square room is tough, acoustically. You'll have standing wave modes at the same frequency in two directions, but you can reduce the effect by playing with position.

It will be fun to experiment!

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 8 months ago
I used my Tacoma pickup with a 6 foot bed. They easily fit between the wheel wells on my Tacoma. If you don't have a friend, maybe you can rent a truck. Or maybe the dealer can deliver for you.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?