file Tell us your preamp/amp for Triton 1 (or others)

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Thanks for the update, Melvin. It's been a while since you've posted. Those are some serious updates! I'll have to look up some of that gear. Looks like a great projector! I'm waiting for the true 4K projectors to come down in price. I hope you got a good deal.

If you haven't seen it yet, The Martian is by far the best 3D movie I have ever seen. The video had so much depth and texture. It is absolutely more impressive on the big screen in 3D. A 3D television just doesn't have the same impact.

Please post some pictures of your new setup. Have fun with the new gear and keep us posted on any great 3D movies you find.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, Melvin Boule

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• henryeng's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 12
henryeng Posted 8 years 3 months ago
I just got my Triton Ones and I'm mighty impressed! I had Twos for a couple of years, and knew the Ones would be even better. I'm currently using them with a Marantz SR7007 A/V receiver, and I gotta say the Marantz amp does a very respectable job. But I'm considering using it as a preamp, and adding an outboard stereo amp. Has anyone used the new NAD M22 with Ones? Sandy said they've used the M22 for some demos and it sounded great. Anyone else using it? I have limited space with limited ventilation, so a class D amp would be ideal. Any other suggestions? (The Peachtree and CI Audio amps use very similar Hypex Class D amp modules.)
Hank L.
Triton One Rs (front)
GE Invisias (rear)
McIntosh MCD 550 SACD player
McIntosh MA8900 integrated amp
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago

henryeng wrote: I just got my Triton Ones and I'm mighty impressed! I had Twos for a couple of years, and knew the Ones would be even better. I'm currently using them with a Marantz SR7007 A/V receiver, and I gotta say the Marantz amp does a very respectable job. But I'm considering using it as a preamp, and adding an outboard stereo amp. Has anyone used the new NAD M22 with Ones? Sandy said they've used the M22 for some demos and it sounded great. Anyone else using it? I have limited space with limited ventilation, so a class D amp would be ideal. Any other suggestions? (The Peachtree and CI Audio amps use very similar Hypex Class D amp modules.)

Hi, henryeng

I've heard the M22 at my dealer, and it's a great amp. I have a Marantz SR 7010 AVR, and externally amp the fronts only, with a NAD C275BEE stereo amp. I love the combination. The NAD takes the load off powering the fronts, and the Marantz AVR is very capable at powering the rest of the channels.

The GEt's are efficient, and respond well to even modest amps. I'd suggest getting a demo of the what the M22 adds to the SQ in YOUR system if possible, and hear for yourself. There's lot's of great amp's out there, including Peachtree, Emotiva..Best bet would be to audition several.

Good luck! You've already got great speakers!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Hi Rick....thanks for that info. My thoughts are the same as yours...use a really great amp for the GE T-1s, and let the Marantz AV receiver power the rears (which are also GE ceiling speakers - Invisias). The Peachtree and CI amps are similar to the NAD, as they're also PWM amps....( I think also using Hypex modules) very efficient, small, don't need much ventilation. My situation is that I don't have much room (equipment cabinet is full!) so the NAD amp would be ideal. The Emotiva amp looks really good (and very reasonably priced too), but I just don't have room for two of those beasts. So I'll try to listen to a NAD soon. Thanks again for your input!
Hank L.
Triton One Rs (front)
GE Invisias (rear)

• Bobbo's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
Bobbo Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Hi Hank,
I've been listening to the Triton Ones for over a year now. Until last November I powered them with a Denon 5308ci. Since them I've been using my NAD M17 pre/pro and NAD M27, which is a 7 channel version of the M22. The M12 puts out 250 wpc, The M17 puts out 180 wpc (with all 7 channels driven). I never sense a need for more power, but I find a substantial improvement overall comparing the Denon to the NAD. So much more detail. Both the M12 & M17 are relatively compact & light for what they can do for your Tritons. But it's always best to give all your components a little breathing room. An open shelf with a few inches of headroom should do.
Regards,
Bobbo
Triton Ones, Super Center XL, Aon 3's
NAD M17 Pre/Pro, NAD M27 Amp
Oppo BDP 105
Marantz PD5001 Monitor
Music Hall MMF-7.1 TT, MS Phonomena II, Clearaudio Mestro V2
Oppo HA-1 Amp, PM-1 HP
Transparent Plus Speaker Cables
Shunyata Venom 3 & HC PC
TiVo Roamio Pro, Apple TV, Sonos Control

Hi Bobbo,

Thanks for that. I've decided to go ahead with either the NAD M22 or maybe 'go for the gold' and get the new Bryston 4B-3. I'm sure either will sound great. I'll keep you posted!
Hank L.
Triton One Rs (front)
GE Invisias (rear)

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Tell us your preamp/amp for Triton 1 (or others)