file Tell us your preamp/amp for Triton 1 (or others)

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Splash51 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
He Deviate2112,

I upgraded from A SCXL to an SCXXL. It is a fantastic center channel!!!!! As I stated right after I bought it about 9 months ago, it's like having a T1 on its side without the subs :) Pairing it with T's makes sound transitions invisible, it is a 3D wall of sounds and music. You will not be disappointed.

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, aribraun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi Lamia1 and Deviate2112,
It is so easy to relate to where both of you come from.
Lamia1, I am an old ribbon man, Maggies and Apogee (I have listened to the Avant Gardes several times and they just did not do it for me). I agree that the GEts have all the openness and great sound, all the finesse of ribbons but has the energy and dynamic sound, PLUS BASS that was missing in my ribbons speakers.
But I use the XMC-1 that Deviate uses, and I made sure when designing my home theater that I did not need a whole lot of room correction, so the DIRAC with the Emo works great for me. I have not got it totally dialed in to its best probably, but I like what it does and am happy for the time being. Might try the curtains, etc. later.
I look forward to hearing much more from you guys, I am sure you will have lots to add to our discussions here!
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, aribraun

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago

deviate2112 wrote: The XMC-1 sounds amazing. It's a little quirky here and there. I'm not sure about the Dirac yet. I've run it a few times, 1st time I totally screwed the mic placements up, but the second time I figured it out. After Dirac the levels are off, my Right speaker is noticeably louder than the Left so I had to bring it down to match. I haven't played with any of the graphs yet either. As soon as I can get my wife out of my theater (new fallout 4 for xmas) I'll mess with it more.

Hold on, Deviate2112! Did you really say what I think you said here?! Your Wife is monopolizing the home theater to play Fallout 4? If so, that's awesome!!! You're one lucky fellow. Trying to get game time in my house is a chore some days. I suppose it may be for you as well since you may have to wrestle the controller out of your Wife's hands. :laugh:

Cheers,

T Cobe

Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Splash51

• deviate2112's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 53
deviate2112 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
That's right...I've created a monster...she's a total gamer, only thing that would make her "perfect" is if hearing Rush didn't make her throw up in her mouth..LOL
I bought a mic stand yesterday and did another round of measurements with Dirac...still not 100% behind what's happening with the sound. I wish I knew more about what Dirac can do. I've heard different people taking test with the Triton ones, with the bass sections turned off...with the LFE inputs plugged in...I run them straight like a full range speaker since I already have two subs. I don't know...Dirac is definitely not a "set it and forget it" kind of thing.

T Cobe wrote:

deviate2112 wrote: The XMC-1 sounds amazing. It's a little quirky here and there. I'm not sure about the Dirac yet. I've run it a few times, 1st time I totally screwed the mic placements up, but the second time I figured it out. After Dirac the levels are off, my Right speaker is noticeably louder than the Left so I had to bring it down to match. I haven't played with any of the graphs yet either. As soon as I can get my wife out of my theater (new fallout 4 for xmas) I'll mess with it more.

Hold on, Deviate2112! Did you really say what I think you said here?! Your Wife is monopolizing the home theater to play Fallout 4? If so, that's awesome!!! You're one lucky fellow. Trying to get game time in my house is a chore some days. I suppose it may be for you as well since you may have to wrestle the controller out of your Wife's hands. :laugh:

Cheers,

T Cobe

GoldenEar Triton Reference, GoldenEar XXL Center, Aon 2, Emotiva Airmotiv 6, Adam ax3, Epik Legend, Parts Express 15" sub kit, Anthem AVM 60, Bryston 4Bst, Crown XLS2500 X 2, Crown XLS1500 X 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hey Deviate,
The mic stand is a great move, try grouping your mic positions closer than they say to, say
no more than 3 feet apart. This gave me a MUCH better run and better soundstage, it was too wide
before.
Hope this helps,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, deviate2112

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Deviate2112,

That is pretty awesome! Like I said, gaming is somewhat frowned upon in my home simply because nobody else is interested. I have Fallout 4 and have yet to play it. It's been a busy holiday season and I haven't had the usual time off alone to indulge in gaming. Luckily, there is still a lot of winter left...

Cheers,

T Cobe

P.S. I can't blame you wife for not liking Rush. They don't exactly make me vomit, but certainly not my cup of tea. :)
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Tell us your preamp/amp for Triton 1 (or others)