file Tell us your preamp/amp for Triton 1 (or others)

• Em84's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Em84 Posted 8 years 6 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: Ah excellent. Are you using your Apple TV as the music source? If so I found my 2nd gen to not sound very good. Hopefully fixed in 3rd gen or try a mac mini to get quite an improvement...

I was using the 3rd Gen Apple TV mostly until I started purchasing 24bit music. So now I use the USB input of the Peachtree 220se from my Macbook. But I still use the Apple TV when I'm using the Macbook (via AirPlay).

Love the combo! How are you finding it so far? What made you pick the Peachtree out of interest?

I'm a long time Peachtree fan (had the 125se previously) so going to the 220se when I upgraded to Triton Ones was an easy decision for me :-)

Welcome to the forum!
sonicTransporter i5 & Roon Server > Digi+ PRO > Mojo > Dialogue Premium HP > GE Triton Ones

Analysis Plus Speaker Cables, Interconnects & Power Cables
Elgar Ultra High Isolation Transformer
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Interesting, no noticeable decrease in quality using the Apple TV?

As with many others I'm sure, I gradually upgrade my sound system a component at a time.
I had an older peachtree until a year ago (it might even have been the 125se :-) but thought it was a bit underpowered for playing at high volume, and liked the other tweaks peachtree touted about the 220se so moved to it. Sounded great but I had Acoustic Zen Adagio and a subwoofer to try to improve the low end. Don't need the sub now with the Triton 1s :-).
Enjoying exploring the sound system with good music - it sounds terrific!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 8 years 6 months ago
How do you change songs and albums from your listening position with the Mac? That's always been my concern with moving to having the computer actually in my rack.

• Em84's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
Em84 Posted 8 years 6 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: Interesting, no noticeable decrease in quality using the Apple TV?

As with many others I'm sure, I gradually upgrade my sound system a component at a time.
I had an older peachtree until a year ago (it might even have been the 125se :-) but thought it was a bit underpowered for playing at high volume, and liked the other tweaks peachtree touted about the 220se so moved to it. Sounded great but I had Acoustic Zen Adagio and a subwoofer to try to improve the low end. Don't need the sub now with the Triton 1s :-).
Enjoying exploring the sound system with good music - it sounds terrific!

I try to use the USB connection from Macbook to Peachtree most of the time. It's just if I need to use the Macbook for something I just AirPlay to the Peachtree, so that I don't have to use a 5 meter USB cable :-) . I wouldn't say there's a significant decrease in quality using the Apple TV. AirPlay is more for convenience when I need the Macbook but works really well for me.

I'm also enjoying the sound system! Great speakers and amp :-)
sonicTransporter i5 & Roon Server > Digi+ PRO > Mojo > Dialogue Premium HP > GE Triton Ones

Analysis Plus Speaker Cables, Interconnects & Power Cables
Elgar Ultra High Isolation Transformer

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 8 years 6 months ago
On my 2 channel I have my imac with music on an external disk, use itunes and pure music to drive the sound system.
But I do have an mac mini on my home theater (in the living room) with a copy of the tracks so we can listen to music there (using gr research speakers).

I leave itunes running on the mac mini and then use the apple remote app to select playlists, search for music, play tracks etc. Works pretty well. In a pinch I use my laptop and screen sharing to take control of the mac mini for software upgrades, etc. Let me know if you need more info / help setting this up.
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

• Melvin Boule's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 20
Melvin Boule Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Hi all. I just got my Triton Ones and am very impressed. I was using a Marantz 8801 and Anthem P2 to drive the Tritons, but just switched to an Anthem AVM60. It lets you setup multiple speaker configs so I have on for movies and one for 2 channel listening with no room correction. I've been very happy with the sound quality so far.
Basement:
-Anthem AVM 60, Anthem P2 and Emotiva MPS-1
-5.1.4 GE Triton 1's, SuperCenter XXL, Invisia MPX, Polk LSi In-ceiling for Atmos/DTS-X, JTR Captivator S1
-Oppo UDP-203, Xbox One, PS4 and PC, -Sony VWVPL600ES, Vizio M65
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Tell us your preamp/amp for Triton 1 (or others)