file Triton 2 Midrange

• Dark's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Dark Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Depending on the size of your room, you may be a good candidate for the new Triton Three+

I say this because d'appolito arrays (midrange, tweeter, midrange arrangements) are always tricky to fine tune placement issues. The single midrange driver of the Triton Three+ may make it easier to place in your room.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• honashagen's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 61
honashagen Posted 8 years 7 months ago
More. I have learned a lot from these speakers and here are some things that helped me get them dialed in. 1. Get your listening position exactly in the center. Measure it. Don't eyeball it. 2. Attach a piece of string to the middle of your listening position and then check the distance to each speaker. I'll bet they're not the same. Make them perfect. 3. Toe them exactly at you. 4. Don't make them too far apart or you will lose the middle. When you are listening the speakers should virtually disappear. You don't want it to sound like you are listening to 2 speakers. Really! If they are set up right this can happen. My cousin has a system that if you stare at each speaker while they are playing you would swear the sound is not coming out of them. If you have never experienced this it is amazing! It's magical! 5. Get them away from the back wall a couple of feet. When it's right there will be more depth to the sound. 6. Don't sit too close to the back wall. Attached is a pic of what works for me. Happy listening!
Ben
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 years 7 months ago
The photo and your remarks are of great interest to me. Questions about your placement:

1. Distance between the speakers?

2. Distance from each speaker to your PLP?

Thanks,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 8 years 7 months ago
honashagen (and others), as to your point #2, "not exactly"

rechneronline.de/pi/equilateral-triangle.php
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• honashagen's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 61
honashagen Posted 8 years 7 months ago
My speakers are 70" apart and 84" from my ears.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 years 7 months ago
My Two Cents Worth Regarding Triton Speakers Placement:

1. Spacing: GE recommends an equilateral triangle. I interpret that recommendation as a general guideline. Spacing in an individual room must be evaluated by listening.

2. Sound Stage: I believe that not being able to identify specific sound sources (except in the case of obvious and exaggerated stereo sound effects) trumps other side-to-side spacing considerations - and especially for listening to 2-channel stereo music with a known sound stage (example: classical symphony orchestra or classical choral music). I should be able to close my eyes and "see" the orchestra or chorus on stage as they would be if I were at a live performance.

3. Distance from speakers to PLP and speakers away from back wall: Compromises may be necessary due to limitations of space available. Each listener must decide whether to pull the speakers away from the back wall, at the expense of shortening the distance between the speakers and the PLP. For me, the perception of depth of sound and sound stage replication is the determining factor.

4. Distance from side walls - again determine by listening within the constraints of the room.

In other words, move them around until you find the sweet spot.

Happy listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back