file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Sorry to hear of this Bro Anthem!!!!
Will be praying for you.
You still got video stores there??????
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Anthem,

Wayne took the words out of my mouth completely on this one. I'll be wishing you a speedy recovery and negative test results. Melanoma is fairly routine and easily treated if caught early. I've known many people that were treated and fully recovered with no recurrence. Hopefully that is your prognosis as well.

I guess being in recovery explains all of the sudden movie reviews. You've been watching a lot of movies in my DVD library. Definitely funny you still have a movie store. All we have are vending machines. :laugh: Hope you enjoy Skyfall!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by anthem. info_outline
Thanks Wayne & Toby for your thoughts and prayers. Saw Skyfall this afternoon. You guys, plus everyone else, has seen it, so no need for an review. I think I know why Bond never dies...he stays pretty much "self medicated"...he's a deranged, Slimy Booger. PQ was very good -- SQ was spectacular, I could see it in my collection.

Previously I had been using an Emotiva xpa-1 mono for the center channel, (FL & FR using xpa-1's) today I replaced it with an Anthem Statement P2...it sounded better, female voice sibilance was Greatly reduced.

We have a Family Video store in town. Business has been so good, it actually pushed Blockbuster out of town before their eventual collapse.

Tomorrow will be viewing The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Forgot to mention...in Skyfall, the black girl Eve (Naomie Harris) is one of the starrs in Ninja Assassin.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi All,
Last night it was "The Boy Next Door" with J LO whose presence was about the only good thing I noticed in the movie. PQ was fine, SQ by way of DTS HD MA 5.1 was used a bit for shock value, but was not reference.
Not Recommended.
Tonight it was "Rampart" with Woody Harrelson, who is an awesome actor and showed it in this miserable portrayal of a horrible person who happened to be a policeman. PQ was great, it is a gritty movie and that was shown pretty well. SQ was by way of Dolby TrueHD 5.1, which is not my favorite. There was nothing reference about the sound, it got quite loud once or twice in some nasty parts. There were a gaggle of great actors in this movie, it was VERY well and sadly written.
It just made me thankful for my good, quiet, peaceful life so very far away from all of that, any of that.
It is a really sad picture of Los Angeles and police brutality and racial discord and messed up lives.
Recommended for the acting alone, but don't let the kids watch it and really I am not sure anybody needs to see it.
Did not help me.
God Bless, Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 this afternoon...nothing amazing about it. PQ was good, but the sound didn't impress me -- Thumbs Down.

Also saw Open Range starring Robert Duvall, Kevin Costner, and Annette Bening. PQ was good for a dvd -- SQ is dts 5.1 and is reference quality material especially chapters 14/15...shoot out scenes. A great western with humor, romance, and gunfights. Highly Recommended.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Tonight it was pretty bad, watched Nicholas Cage in "Dying of the Light".
PQ was average, SQ by way of DTS HD MA 5.1 was average.
Though Nick did show an occasional flash of the brilliant actor he used to be, this was a well below average movie.
Not recommended, it was not fun to watch at all.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?