file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 1 month ago
The first quite good movie I have seen in a while now, "Before I Go to Sleep" with Nicole Kidman.
PQ is a little grainy but very good, SQ in DTS-HD MA5.1 is excellent, some decent surround but mostly just good score and some sound effects to give shock value.
It is your typical I can't remember a thing in my life when I wake up in the morning movie.
RECOMMENDED, excellent acting and a pretty good script.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Watched Elektra this afternoon, starring Jennifer Garner. I bought this several years ago on DTS DVD. PQ for a DVD is wonderful and the SQ is even more amazing. To my ears this is near Reference Quality sound. If you want to show off your system, this would be a crowd pleaser. Highly recommended.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Boys, is that any way to treat a lady? You tell'em Alice. This afternoon watched Resident Evil/Afterlife -- Alice (Milla Jovovich) is the Ultimate Zombie Killer...this girl rocks. PQ was very good, although not stellar. SQ...WOW...Reference...Let me repeat...Reference Quality Sound. As with All Resident Evil movies, sound quality is through the roof on this one. Bolt your Lazyboy to the floor, cuz this flick will shake it loose...and crack a few walls. Might I add, if you crank it loud enough, your neighbors may bring over the police to enjoy it with you...I only have enough popcorn for two. Silly, stupid, fun, with Mindblowing Sound. Most Highly Recommended.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 1 month ago
I will look for that one Bro Anthem, you had me at Milla Jojovich. Wel actually I never watched any of the Resident Evil movies, did not look like my style, but will look for this one and check it out.
My fav blu-ray with her is still "Fifth Element".
Last night I watched one i sorta hesitate to mention, as Seth Rogan just regularly grosses me out!!!! But "The Interview" as gross as many things are, IS FUNNY! And James Franco, who co-produced this, turns in the acting part of his life-time, IMHO. This is ROUGH,
but PQ and SQ is fine, DTS-HD MA 5.1 serves well enough.
Not really recommended, but there is some FUNNY stuff in here.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by anthem. info_outline
There was an incident, a lot of people died...trouble was, they didn't stay dead. She's back...Alice and her cronies are once again, out to save the planet...the mayhem continues.

Resident Evil/Retribution -- Milla Jovovich

PQ was spot on...SQ was, as usual, exceptional. Floor heaving explosions, in your face and all around gun fire, blood and gore, what more could you ask for.

Retribution is good, but Afterlife is still my favorite.

Wayne: Give Afterlife a spin...lets see if your FF5 can crack concrete.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by anthem. info_outline
This morning I watched a Hum Dinger. If you like blood, if you like heads being cut off, if you like knives be driven into every part of the human body, if you are a blood fanatic, if you like stylized fight scenes, this movie will be right up your alley.

Ninja Assassin

PQ was good. SQ was DTS-HD Master...the sword fight scenes were amazing, even the squirting blood sounded good. If action, and plenty of it, is your thing...this movie is for you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?