file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 1 month ago
I think Noah would have been a better idea.
And I have never seen it.
Well, Bro Anthem, I do love me some Reggae music, but I never heard any on that CD that I liked.
I will try it again if I remember when I get back home.
Would be interested to see how it sounds on the T7s, as you suggested. I am afraid this will be another example of "agree to disagree with my Brother". But I can't say that till I try it.
I cannot say for sure either that I would not enjoy jabbing a sharp stick in my eye, I never tried it. BUT.......I have a pretty good idee.
All the best buddy, thanks for thinking of me.
Let me know if you see Noah, what you thought.
Blessings,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bro Anthem, Bro Anthem, Bro Anthem,
MERCY!!!!
I just remembered that my laptop now contains the rips of all my CDs (at least the ones that would rip cleanly). Now Bob Marley, "Legend" would NOT rip properly because I have played the heck out of it, it is scratched up six ways from Sunday. Wore plum out.
Anyway, I did rip that Midnite CD and believe me there was NO wear, no scratches, it had not been played much nor loaned to anybody.
So I put it on to play and used my iems when it sounded like crap on my laptop speakers.
But with the in ear monitors I can tell that it is likely pretty well recorded crap.
Holy Moly man, other than winning an dishonorable mention for the most uses of the word "hieroglyphic" in one song, and reminding me that I do love a reggae beat, I can tell you that............oh, heck, you are a nice guy, and just as deserving of your kind of music as any other.
I just don't even want to tell you what I thought of that.
While I struggle with how to be nice here, I thought, since I already have the ear holes plugged/hooked up to the laptop, put on another song, maybe you will like it better. But my laptop player did not cue up that stuff, it served up Hotel California and well, there is NO going back to Midnite.
In fact, the next time I am home, I am gonna get that CD and give it to someone who does not have a reflector on the back of their donkey cart, or on the tail of their elephant. That could protect them as they walk down the road at night, and keep someone like me from running into them! Good idea Wayne!!!!
There is a use for that CD, I will not just throw it away.
I a sorry buddy, I know you feel the same way about my music. It is incredible that two people with so similar interests in the hardware of music, can be so chalk and cheese about the songs.
But we are.
Keep me in your prayers, the wife and I have our anniversary today so I am sad to be away from home, but thankful for the net and being able to communicate so well.
And keep the recommendations coming, I know they fit some folks much better than they do me.
Say, I am listening to Keith Jarrett, the Koln Concert right now, do you like that? He is a Jazz dude, you just might like it. It is not totally my cup of tea, but the man is awesome!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by anthem. info_outline
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Bro Wayne and Jeen...wishing you guys many more.

Yesterday was Juanita's birthday. She wanted a couple of fish for her 55-gallon tank, so off to the pet store we went. Her fish are 2-11 years old and well established. Ninety-nine % of the fish at the pet store were young-un's, but they had 2 older Angel fish (named Hank & Henrietta) that weren't selling ($25.00 each) so we bought them plus picked up a Silver Dollar fish. We took them home, floated them, placed them in the tank, and within 9 hours they were going down for the count. This morning they were DOA/RIP with funeral services being held later this morning. The Silver Dollar is alive and doing well. The fish come with a 48 hour warranty, so no worries. The family that owns this store (we've known them for many years) also have a store in Wichita that sells more exotic fish and they have a couple of Red Parrot fish that Juanita might be interested in. She'll head out tomorrow and take care of business.

It's great you enjoy Midnite-ha-ha. I would love to hear this CD on your 7's. I listened to Keith Jarrett a year ago as per your suggestion... he's NOT my cup of tea...oh well. We both enjoy good music with a good system...just different music, and yes, we can still be friends.

Where are you working at and for how long?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Bro Anthem and a belated but sincere Happy Birthday to Juanita!!!! All the BEST wishes for the BEST year ever!!!!!
Sorry about the fish. I love fish, don't get me started on fish. Or 55 gal aquaria either, I had a hex one that brought me TONS of joy until it died and that was a BAD CARPET DAY. But Silver Dollars are cute fish. AND they are well, worth at least a Dollar!!!!
But Parrot fish are salt water fish, and silver dollar fish (at least the only ones I know of) are freshwater. Angels can be fresh or salt, so I am confused.
I am sure she will find what he wants.
Yeah, K Jarrett takes too much serious listening for me. I like the Blues where you can know exactly what it will do, where it will go and can sing along with it, predictable. There is something soul satisfying about a song doing what it is "supposed to do".
I am just in Malaysia for a week, then back home for a couple. But getting my replacement certified so he can take over the reins from me and have this job!!!
Can't wait.
Check out the beautiful rainbow I missed in the sky today over our front garden.
I NEED to be HOME!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by anthem. info_outline
Our fish are freshwater Parrots. These pictures are older when we had three (Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego) Shadrach passed away...he was 10 years old. Juanita will be looking at Blood Parrots this week.

Beautiful rainbow picture, Buddy!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here's a picture of our deceased Angels (Hank & Henrietta)...RIP!!

Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back