file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
The Genalex Gold Lion tubes arrived Wednesday afternoon and got them installed yesterday evening. I've been getting into Juggernaut Wave Progression weight training... really sucks up a lot of time. Warmed up the tubes for 10-12 hours and really liked what I heard.

Been listening to Frank Catalano/Cut it Out . Frank's sax sounds super sweet, cymbals and drums very detailed. Also listened to Hubert Laws/Moondance : flute sounds fantastic.

I'm now using the Anthem Statement P2; PrimaLuna Premium Preamp; Oppo 105 and Esoteric Audio speaker wire (6 ft.pair)

Tomorrow after work I hope to do further listening...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Hey Bro Anthem,
Glad you got your tubes, those should be good ones.
Glad it sounds good, sax and flute should test them out.
I have been watching for you on "So you think you can dance" but have not seen a body builder on there yet.
When I do, I will cheer for you!!!!
Oh, glad you got some speaker wire.
Now that you have had the Oppo 105 for quite a while, what do you think? Is it worth the investment?
I am thinking it is.
Heading to the airport today, feeling a lot better, hoping to be able to fly.
Will write from S'pore and let you know.
God Bless, and thanks for the prayers.
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Cutting sweet potatoes for supper and listening to Ottmar...sweet.

Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra (1996)

The wife loves this guy, his guitar playing is phenomenal. I'm using my Anthem D2v in pcm and listening thru the Triton 2's and Aon 3's...sweet.

Wayne come on over for some Ottmar & sweet potatoes, we'd be glad to have you. :)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I've been listening to Miles Davis/Live around the World. The Gold Lion tubes really make this CD shine...there is (on occasion) a very slight edge on Miles trumpet. Bass and drums are rock solid. Favorite track has to be "WRINKLE". If you like Miles, this is a good one.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Funny you should mention Miles Davis, Bro Anthem,
My GoldenEar friends here in Thailand are trying to get me to listen to Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" in Hi-Rez files.
Well, I just don't get it, even in Hi-Rez this is just boring, not my kind of music at all.
Sorry, I know the man (and all the rest playing with him) are musical geniuses, ahead of there time really.
I can appreciate the great ability and talent they have.
It just is not rock and roll to me.
But glad you can enjoy such. And glad the new tubes are doing it for you.
Have fun, God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I posted the other day that Miles Davis's trumpet had a slight edge and then yesterday I was listening to Lin Rountree and noticed the same thing... played the CD several times with the same conclusion. Thought maybe it was the new tubes or possibly the Esoteric Audio speaker wires that were installed a few days ago. This morning I replaced the Esoteric's with my trusty Radio Shack wires and low & behold problem solved. Replayed Rountree again and the sound was scrumptious once again...speaker wire can be a tricky thing.

Just finished up a session with the YELLOWJACKETS/RUN FOR YOUR LIFE (1994) "Ancestors" was my favorite listen today...had a great time with this CD.

Wayne: I'm so glad you and Candy are hitting it off...it's just a matter of time before you'll be a smooth jazz junkie. :P
Question: can a standalone preamp be used with an integrated amp...it's been so long since I've owned one, I don't remember.

This is picture of Mindi Abair's mom...now you know where she gets her looks.

Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back