file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Hi Bro Anthem,
Don't worry my friend, I am NOT messin' with your beautiful Candy!!!! I was just telling you I ACCIDENTALLY listened to her.
ha ha
About the stand alone pre used with an integrated amp, maybe. And be sure you want to.
Some integrated amps have a bypass, like a home theater bypass, which lets you input a signal straight from a source, or other processor or even another pre-amp. And it will simply amplify it, unaltered and unattenuated. My Triode amp does this, but not sure your Thelma Lou does.
Otherwise, if you are sending a signal from one pre-amp into another pre-amp section of an integrated amp, you are gonna double handle it. And the rule in audio is to keep the shortest path and keep it simple. So you might not want to do this.

About the cables, Miles MIGHT sound like that (edgy, annoying, irritating) on the original recording and on your CD. Perhaps you are only getting rid of that edgy sound by subtracting it using poor cables that do not carry the high frequencies well. Maybe, just a thought? Course it is whatever floats your boat, whatever you like, that counts.
Radio Shack cables, Esoteric Audio cables??? Give me a break my "spend any amount of money on great sound" brother!!!!
Sorry, you did not say edgy, annoying or irritating, you said "slight edge". Might have been putting my own spin on that for you. ha ha *I can almost hear the ding ding as the elevator hits the different floors!*
OK Miles Davis fans, please don't put a contract out on me!!!!
Have fun listening, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Did you all know the bottom-end of the Triton 2's are super duper scrumpdillyicious...and the top-end ain't bad either.
That guy from Thailand... I think his name is WAYNE...has been giving me a hard time, he thinks my Radio Shack speaker wires aren't up to snuff...WELL, I'll show him. Pulled out my Maple Shade (CLEARVIEW DOUBLE HELIX PLUS VERSIONS $600.00)
and installed them in place of the Radio Shacks. Put on Stanley Clarke & Friends Live at the Greek...ran volume between 85-101 db...sounded phenomenal. The last song on the CD runs 22 minutes and was so impressed that I listened to it twice.

Re-listened to Miles Davis/Live around the world...still slightly edgy, but what do you expect with muted-trumpet plus LIVE...
overall was very impressed. "Intruder" and "Wrinkle" are to die for.

Also re-listened to Lin Rountree (loud) trumpet was spot-on. Anna Stevenson sings vocals on "Dance with me" there was more negative energy in the upper octaves then with the Radio Shack wires.."Dance with me" appreciates Radio Shack.

I think the Anthem Statement P2 / PrimaLuna Premium Preamp / Oppo 105 are a good match for the Mapleshade cables... I think I'll keep them in the system for awhile.

Well Wayne, at least for the time being, the Radio Shacks are out of the system and I sold the B$SE...ha-ha
You working another week or you coming home?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Bro Anthem,
Truer words have never been spoken, "the bottom-end of the Triton 2's are super duper scrumpdillyicious...and the top-end ain't bad either."
OK, I would say they are better than that, with the T2s you get the real deal, the FULL range of sound is awesome, top to bottom!!!!
Was I right? The trumpet sound is just a bit rough edges on the CD right?
I think the cables can only keep you from hearing what is on the disc, or LET you hear exactly what is on the disc. I don't think good cables can work miracles.
But what do I know?
I work here next week, then HOME.
God Bless,
Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by anthem. info_outline
I was listening to this little ditty on youtube this morning... got stuck in my head, so decided to sing it to the wife...she looked at me like I was a blithering idiot (stupid twit)...here's a few lines, maybe it will get stuck in yours.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood,
a beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...
So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.

Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor....

I've got my shoes tied....how about you, boys & girls?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Your wife is a SAINT to put up with you!!!!

Play her some Pink Floyd to try and undo the damage you have done!!!!

God bless,
Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This way...that way...I guess, any way you want it. Been listening to:

Acoustic Alchemy/This Way (2007)

Nice guitar driven music with trumpet, keyboards, sax & trombone. Especially fond of "Egg" & "Carlos the King."
Maybe it's just me, but listening to my Tritons at lower volume levels just doesn't do it for me. I need the volume in the 85-100 db range at all times...the music literally comes alive. Anyone else feel this way?

Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back