• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Yes Bro
LOUD = GOOD
I think dynamic speakers like to get their groove on.
Like you my friend,
Blessings, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

anthem wrote: Maybe it's just me, but listening to my Tritons at lower volume levels just doesn't do it for me. I need the volume in the 85-100 db range at all times...the music literally comes alive. Anyone else feel this way?

Low level resolution is a funny thing, has a lot to do with environment (ambient noise, room size, listening distance), age of the listener (no offense, I'm speaking from personal experience here), musical tastes (I don't think rock ever sounds right at low volumes) and lastly, transducer technology. Large surface area thin film transducers, like our folded ribbon tweeter, or a full range ribbon (Magnepan) or Electrostatic (larger Martin Logans) speakers, always are the best for maintaining detail in low volume listening. For those other speakers that's a good thing, 'cause they won't play loud like the Tritons.
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 3 months ago
It's been a pretty good afternoon, been listening to:

Jeff Lorber/West side stories (1994)
Joyce Cooling/Third wish (2001)

Finally got around to running the XPA-1's directly into the Oppo 105 via XLR's. Sound seems to be clearer at higher volumes, thus far i'm really liking what i hear...can't wait for the weekend...will give this combo a workout.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Hey Bro Anthem,
I am a little lost over here reading your report, who is doing what to whom?
(I know what you are doing to the good looking sax players, drooling and listening to them, probably dancing some too)
How are you connected now and pls give us more report on the sound you are getting?
I just got my new balanced XLR interconnect cables and short speaker cables to Bangkok, but they have not cleared customs yet, not gotten to me, heck I only ordered them 17th of April, that is fast for us country bumpkins.
Headed out tonight back home, overnighting in Bangkok, that could be interesting, they are under martial law now, then fly home early tomorrow morning; prayers would be appreciated.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Country Bumpkin: ever since I got my Oppo 105 I've been reading post after post, from different threads, about how good the player sounds hooked up directly to an amp. Everyone seems to be using the balanced XLR approach... amp XLR inputs directly to Oppo XLR outputs (cuts out the middle man...Thelma Lou). Many like the sound so much they are selling their (sometimes high dollar) preamps. I tried the XLR approach this afternoon and really like what I hear, but need to spend more time listening.
Everyone seems to agree the Oppo105 is better sounding than previous Oppo's...Wayne you need to get one...no joke.

I pray you'll have a safe flight.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wayne: goggle "Oppo BDP-105 sound quality"...Oppo BDP-105 sound quality check thread for audiophiles...over 50 pages of questions/answers. This will give you something to do while waiting for your plane. ;)

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back