• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Just finishing up what I started listening to this morning

Peter White / Glow (2001)

Track 6 Bueno funk has been in my head most of the day...found myself whistling on several occasions. The Triton's rendering of the acoustic guitar is sublime... at times I shake my head in amazement. If you like acoustic guitar with a minimal amount of sax, this one is sure to please...highly recommended!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BUMMER...lost my first tube in my PrimaLuna preamp. I didn't take Wayne's advice and have a backup. Now I'll have to order and be without Thelma Lou for awhile. Why would a tube fail in 6 months?

This morning the wife sayshayed into the living room and commented on the beautiful music coming from the Tritons (smooth jazz is a chick magnet) I told her she was listening to Acoustic Alchemy... she loves acoustic guitar.

Acoustic Alchemy / American English (2005)
Her favorite track is "Cherry Hill". I like "She speaks American English".
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SanthoshEapen

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 4 months ago
I have been MIA for some time. I am glad to see that you are still posting on this topic Anthem! Sorry to hear about your busted tube. These things happen! Took your suggestion and am listening to Acoustic Alchemy's American/English. I and am listening to "So Kylie" as I write this. It is wonderfully calming for 6 in the morning. My wife says it is nice elevator music!
Here are a few recommendations I have been listening to. Check them out if you can!
Pat Metheny Unity Group "KIN"
Vijay Iyer "Mutations"
Ensemble HD "Live at the Happy Dog"

Ensemble HD's "Live at the Happy Dog" is a live recording by some of the players of the Cleveland Orchestra at a Cleveland pub called the Happy Dog. It is a double LP. However, it can be purchased as a digital download (for less than the LPs obviously) from Ensemble HD's website (just Google it as they say) if you do not have a turntable.
Pat Metheny Unity Group's "KIN" is simply a joy to listen to.
Vijay Iyer's "Mutations" is an acquired taste. I must admit to not liking it the first few times I listened to it. It is now growing on me...
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Welcome back Bro Santhosh, we have missed you.
Please tell your wife she gave me a GOOD LAUGH, with the "nice elevator music" comment.
Love it.
Bro Anthem, I am glad your wife can sayshay to your music and great for you that she loves acoustic guitar.
But I am sorry for you that your tube died. Which tube was it? Sad that you will be without the services of Thelma Lou for a while.
Chelsea and Tyler at TC Tubes will sort her out.
tctubes.com/
I am not connected to them in any way, just like to give a shout out to people who are nice to me, especially when dealing with people so far away, they could easily cheat me and mess me around, there would be nothing I could do about it. But they are solid.
Why would a tube fail in 6 months he asks? Maybe the kind of music you play? Just a thought, I am not sayin, coz I dunno, but I have never had a tube fail on Pink Floyd.
"And when the band yer in has got them failin tubes, see you on the dark side of the moon"
Blessings, brothers,
glad to have you back Santhosh,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Santhosh: I had a brain fart and couldn't figure out what MIA stood for so I asked my better half. Her response... missing in action, is he former military? Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out this weekend.

Wayne I ordered 2 Genalex Gold Lion (12AU7 / ECC82) tubes from Upscale Audio--$39.95 ea. Talked to Kevin, he said tubes are tubes, some give out for no reason... he couldn't explain it. Order will be shipped tomorrow. Looked at tctubes.com, they charge extra for pair matching and the order wouldn't be shipped until May 5 or 6, so decided against them...anyway thanks for the info.

For a preamp I'll be using my Anthem D2V in fully balanced mode until the tubes come in...she's a sweet sounding processor.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This morning I was listening to Candy (cranked up) and the wife walks into the room. I told her "THIS IS ELEVATOR MUSIC" according to my GoldenEar Buddy's. She responds with "WHATTTT". She thinks you guys are jealous... :laugh:

Candy Dulfer / Sax-a-GoGo (1993)

This CD has plenty of tail wagging tunes. Check out "Pick up the Pieces" ; "Bob's Jazz" & the opening track "2 Funky". Elevator music?

Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back