file Currently playing

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Listening to a live classic: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band "Live at the Hammersmith Odeon". I am from the Jersey Shore, so this is appropriate!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Wayne: I looked up Laura Fygi / The Latin Touch on Amazon, they didn't have a MP3 selection of that particular CD, so couldn't listen...I'll just take your word that it sounded scrumptious. So glad you're enjoying the flute, won't be long and you'll be praising the saxophone... welcome to my world.

Keep us posted as to which amps you decide to purchase and continue posting what music selections you're listening to...interesting stuff.

Just noticed you changed your avatar... is that your fake fireplace?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Thanks Anthem,
I tried about a hundred times to change my Avatar, got tired of the old LC pic, but the site wouldn't take any changes. I finally just was putting the first pic in that was easy to get to, that is our fireplace. Fake? Well, IF someone messed up and started a fire with the logs in there we would find out whether or not the smoke goes up the chimney or out into the room, or some of both. In the last two scenarios (room or both) I would agree with the term fake. Let's just say it was not made for fires but possibly could be IF we ever get REALLY cold here. NAH.
Then a day later, my avatar changed, and the fireplace is what we got. But it is the Frank Howell limited lithograph, signed and numbered and hand colored "Standing Rock Ceremonial" hanging over the fireplace that I am quite taken with.
Today Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa are playing and singing the BLUES together now, "Don't explain". Their cover of Etta James "I'd rather go blind" is fantastic!!!! And Gardot's "Your heart is as black as night" will make you a believer.
I am pretty sure I have mentioned this album before, but I am back to listening to all my old favorites now with the new amps.
Blues, check. Rock and Roll, check. Classical, check. Country, check. Female and male crooners, check. Texican, check. Latin, check. Movies, check. Chamber, check. Indie, check. Folk, check. Smooth Jazz, not so fast Bro Anthem. ha ha
This system now is checking all my boxes.
Up next is Kenny Wayne Shepherd playing "Blue on Black" from Trouble Is
You are all welcome to come over and listen with me.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, listening to some really varied music today.
From the Lynch soundtrack for Mulholland Drive movie "Silencio" is just killer for the weirdness factor, but listen to the hall reverberation around her voice.
Then I am going WAY more POP than I really like today, but Annie Lennox white album "Bare" is playing now. She is in great voice and it sounds fantastic.
Just want to go on record that I may be old, but not old enough to really listen to pop music often. Just listening to see how the new amps are working with the Triton 2s.
Last night I watched the Lone Ranger. Disney and the wild west. MERCY. Now, don't get me wrong, Deep is great, there were some really great values, a message there no doubt. Be careful what you trade for in life. I get it and like it. And Silver was FUNNY. I have to say I enjoyed the music, and the William Tell Overture in the "reluctant hero finally gets into action" sequence was quite good and sounded great!
Now, will somebody make a real Lone Ranger movie?
OK, God Bless Kemo sabe,
Wayne
Attachments:

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Sir Wayne: so glad you're having a blast with your system. I too had a good time with The Lone Ranger (which blu-ray did you watch last night...page 11). I'd love to have it in my collection... great picture, soundtrack, plus plenty of laughs.

You off to Singapore... when and for how long?

If you decide to keep the Vincent SP-T800 mono's what will your distributor let them go for?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: poor wording info_outline
Hey Dr. Anthem,
I am having a blast. Off in the morning for one week. I got the Lone Ranger partly on your rec. Also, I loved the LR when I was a boy. I think, that was a long time ago. ha ha
We have watched Percy Jackson and some Sea Monsters, and It is a Good Day to Die Hard. Bruce and son in Russia were blu-ray and DTS 7.1 with lots of stuff crashed and blown up, WOW. Subwoofer deep explosion sounds are more easy to localize than the boys at Bose told us, BUT when an explosion happens in my home theater between two Triton 2s front left and right, and a FF5 in the rear middle, I just feel surrounded by the sound, it is really enjoyable. On music, low organ pedal notes sound much the same, a nice surround. BUT if an instrument plays something LOW solely on the left, right or center, then it sounds a bit strange also coming from the rear. Something to still work out, or just get used to if I cannot work it out.
Now REM is in concert, Perfect Square from 2004 somewhere in Germany or some such. It is a hoot, and sounds pretty good for just a DVD.
God bless and keep the tunes going guys,
Wayne
Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back