file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Just ordered a used copy of Frank Catalano / Cut it Out from Waterloorecords, should be here in a few days...can't get enough Frank. ;)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
My copy of Frank Catalano/Cut it out from Waterloorecords was cancelled today because someone else purchased it...Wayne I didn't know your a Frank Catalano fan...ha-ha...not to worry, I ordered from a different company and the CD has already shipped, should be here this weekend. Also ordered Herb Alperts/Steppin' out plus a couple others, should be a good weekend.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Bro Anthem, order another copy of Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" while you are at it and get some GREAT music!!!!
Blessings, Enjoy,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Normally I don't listen to traditional jazz but lately my tastes are changing, case in point, Bill Stewart/Telepathy (1997 Blue note)
Larry Grenadier/bass ; Bill Carrothers/piano ; Steve Wilson & Seamus Blake on saxophones ; Bill Stewart on drums.

I've had this CD for years but never enjoyed it until today. I remember years ago when the only type of music that was allowed in my house was hard/hard rock and heavy metal...times sure change, now it's contemporary/smooth jazz & traditional jazz.

Love this CD...great piano, sax and drum work. A couple of stand out tracks: Happy Chickens & Rhythm-a-ning.

Wayne, I think my Pink Floyd days are over...when are you heading back to work...where are you going & for how long?
I'll come babysit your system. B)

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Hey Bro Anthem, you are welcome to come babysit my system. it indeed needs help.
But you better get on the plane right now. I am off tomorrow for India for next week. Then when I come back, I don't come home, I meet my wife and daughter in the Big Mango as she will get her university diploma presented to her by the Prince. We will do a little shopping and vacationing there, and then off to Jakarta for a week.
No rest for the wicked!!!!
Don't worry, you can keep the food on the table of the Jazz musicians, of all types (didn't know there was more than one type), I will keep the old rockers payments up in the old folks homes.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wayne: I got a chance yesterday to visit with David and check out his tube year. He has 2 systems, both set up in the basement. Now he did admit that he doesn't listen to as much music as when he was younger...he's 64...still has kids living at home.

The first system consisted of vintage 50's & 60's McIntosh mono blocks and preamps ; a run of the mill 5 disc CD player and a pair of larger then life Bozak speakers. I only got to spend a few minutes listening, mostly classical & jazz, but what I did hear had a neutrality over the entire range of instruments, from sax to deep, deep bass...I could have listened to that system for hours, very nice.

The second system consisted of 70's McIntosh 2-channel amps and preamps; a lower-end CD player and McIntosh speakers plus 2 speakers on the rear wall (I think he was trying to incorporate a little home theater) I did notice a smidge of glare at first but seemed to go away after a few minutes (system wasn't warmed up before hand). He actually red lined the amps to show me what they could do. Overall I was quite impressed and told him I wouldn't mind taking a week's vacation at his house.

After hearing his tube amps I seriously think I'll look into some for my system...they just may be what the doctor ordered.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back