file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Yes, Bro Anthem,
I know, I have read the threads and SERIOUSLY considered the 105. I LOVE my 95 and still have an 83SE. My 95 can still play ISO files. And is multi-region. And does not have that Cinavia CRAP!!!!!
Those are my concerns, to play movies from everywhere and not have degraded files.
I really thought I might make a system with no pre-amp with the 105. BUT the kicker for me was that I listen multi-channel, surround sound as often as possible. Concert blu-rays, SACD, DVD-A. I listen to surround MUCH more often than stereo, and my question would be about bass management.
Blessings, and thanks for the prayers,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: forgot to add info_outline
Back home now and WOW, so thankful!!!! Thankful for a safe trip, for no hassles getting home, for a beautiful wife who has the house so clean and looking great, inviting me home!!!!!! (and now she is cooking me awesome smelling food, been hungry for her food for weeks)!
We finally have a sofa in the living room, a seat to sit on to listen to music in there on the Triton 3s. I checked it out, but was too tired for serious listening and trying to dial in the 3s. I just cranked up the Triton 2s in the home theater and put on ELBOW. "Build a Rocket Boys". The whole house can enjoy with those bad babies cranked.
This is a great sounding album with a bit of a off-center sound, inventive, different, in a good way.
I especially love track: "The Night Will Always Win". It has a bass track to make your speakers GET DOWN!!!!!
Give it a spin, I think a LOT of you will like it.
I think I may have mentioned it before, sorry if I did, but it is that good!!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Hey buddy...you can post the same music selection as often as you like, we're just glad you made it home safe & sound. Enjoy your time with the family & Triton's.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, nobody posting on here, so I will.
We just put Il Divo "Ancora" on the living room system. Sounded great, wonderful, really beautiful!!!
We made it most of the way through the first song by skipping to the second song and by not even halfway through the second song we said, doesn't this sound great?
EJECT!!!!
Anybody want a free CD of this c**p? In case you don't know, I THINK it is opera singers (certainly that style) singing elevator music pop songs.
Now Mozart is on playing the all tube recording of "Tube Only Night Music". TACET.
Holy Moly, this is dinner music extraordinaire.
Or after dinner with your loved one in your arms, sippin' on an adult beverage of your choice, Coke for me.
Even in POS, "poor old stereo" this sounds great.
Blessings,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, I do listen to Mozart sometimes, when I am in a silly mood.
Alright, already, I got past that and now I am listening to Beethoven Piano Sonatas
#8 Pathetique, #14 Moonlight, #15 Pastoral and #24 all by Wilheim Kempff, on DG.
I can't find a pic easily, and there are lots more to choose from, but I can tell you that the Triton 3s playing by Oppo 83SE input into the Triode TRV 88SE, connected with MIT CVT 2 Terminator ICs and Speaker cables, well it just sounds like a REAL PIANO being played in our living room. I used to have a 5' 8" K Kawai grand sitting in the living room (another house, another wife, another country, another life time) and NOBODY that begged me to buy that dang piano would even get past 3 lessons, would never practice so it was senseless to have it, but it looked great. But IF somebody could have played Beethoven on it, it would have sounded just like this in the next room.
Ha ha, how was that for a reach?????
Go on, enjoy!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Just finished up a session with Joshua Redman Elastic Band / Momentum (2005 Nonesuch Records)

The Oppo 105 (using XLR) Emotiva XPA-1 monos & Mapleshade speaker cables are proving to be a great combination...thus far I really love the sound.

Favorite tracks today were "Double Jeopardy" & "Put it in your pocket"
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back