file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
Hey Guys,
Interesting discussion about Sister Williams.
Yes, Bros Anthem and T. Cobe, you picked up on the fact that "West Memphis" is based on a horrible miscarriage of justice and a very sad chapter in West Memphis history.
And some of the best songs come from real-life pain and wrong.
As to her voice, interesting too. Here is a song she did quite a while back when she might have made Anthem's cute musicians list.

As you can hear, her voice is not the same as now. I heard and saw her perform West Memphis on a TV show, and heard her interviewed. She speaks differently and sings now. I am not sure why. The interviewer asked her about her voice changing over the years and how she thinks it has worked for her songs? She said she thought her voice had become more expressive as she has gotten older. Works for me.

And lastly, Roman, YES, we are glad to picture you working and listening to you music with pants on!!!!

God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Started today out with some Bare Naked Ladies. I queued up the live album from 1996: Rock Spectacle. I was blown away by the sound. Everything was just right. The percussion and acoustic guitar flooded my room with sound that seemed to come from all directions. I almost had to check that I wasn't in 5 channel stereo but then reminded myself that my Integra couldn't sound this good.

BNL is one of my Wife's favorites and the sound was too much for her to resist. She ventured down to the man cave to listen to the album with me. While she's still not ready to agree that the sound was worth the money, she was searching for more of her BNL albums and dancing to the sweet sounds.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by anthem. info_outline
Newest endeavour from bassist Omer Avital, which GE's Fearless leader, Sandy Gross, describes as "- GREAT."

Omer Avital/New Song (2013) --

Israeli bassist Omer Avital, known as the Israeli Mingus, shines with a beautiful collection of Afro-American grooves, and ritual music, combining Eastern melodies with the fervor of gospel and the expressions of soul.

This is a fabulous piece of music that should not be missed.

T Cobe: This needs to be in your collection.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Labor Day, once again. Fall is right around the corner. Listening to Sonny Clark/Cool Struttin' (1958) -- Cool Sruttin'.

I was looking through the "50 Greatest Jazz Albums" and "Cool Struttin' was not on it. That's strange. Let's see what the "100 Greatest Jazz Albums" has to say...not on there either. Wow, Unbelievable, I don't get it, this makes NO sense. So I looked up another site (seems everyone has a different opinion) and sure enough, there it was. Wow, that's a load off...I thought maybe I was losing my mind and didn't know great jazz when I heard it...this a GREAT cd...ENJOY!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Good stuff, Anthem! How's the sound quality on this classic?
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by anthem. info_outline
Again, this is Good Stuff...I wish More Forum Members got into Contemporary/Smooth Jazz.
Rick Braun/Can You Feel it (2014) -- Rader.

To date, this is Braun's finest work...a pure joy from beginning to end.

Mr. T Cobe: I would say "Cool Stuttin' " on a scale of 1-10, ranks a 9. Very, very, slight smearing on th trumpet on track one. At just a couple bucks used, it's well worth it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back