file Currently playing

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago

anthem wrote: Well guys...I guess I'll live. Thanks Rick, Toby, and Wayne for your thoughts and prayers. The only really annoying thing about this is that inside my arm pit they made an incision. Around the incision a fluid lump has formed (a little smaller than a golf ball). Two weeks ago, the Doctor said it should go away in about 2 weeks...it hasn't. Today he said hopefully by December...good grief. In December, I go for an Ultra Sound. While I'm there, I might as well get spayed and neutered and have an hysterectomy...nothing to loose.

Treating myself to Spyro Gyra/Three Wishes (1992) -- Nothing to Lose.

Hey, Anthem!

I suspect you're too tough to let this stuff get to you. I love the threads you started and keep alive. I have to do a better job of keeping up with all the good stuff.

Hang in there, Dude. We all love what you do for this forum! Keep the faith! I don't think you're ready for a hysterectomy!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
Still praying for your Bro Anthem, praying that lump goes away!!!
IF this were not so friendly a forum, and IF people could take a joke, I MIGHT be tempted to say
that Hysterectomy might be just what you need!!!!

But I wouldn't say that.
Ha ha
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
Starting out the morning with a little teenage angst from pop diva Lorde. Pure Heroine has some good tracks for bass grooves and pristine female vocals. Both of these can challenge lesser systems. No challenge here... The T1s are being fed a clean and powerful signal and at 85 dB, these bass grooves are filling my 2,000 sq ft space with attitude. On Royals, there is a sense of space and drama supported by some spatial cues and a deep black background.

Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, Roman Johnston

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well, from a great example of a well recorded album to the polar opposite. Imagine Dragons's Night Visions is full of great songs. You'll recognize many of these pop hits if you listen to any top 40 radio (maybe while driving...). I put in Radioactive and was not happy. Great song but this disc is full of distortion and sounds very compressed. Track after track, same distorted mess. It's too bad but I suppose more and more, popular artists are depending more on revenues from digital downloads and less from album sales.

Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Time to end on a positive note. After a disappointing experience with Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on Telarc Sampler Volume 1, I'm on to a pristine recording to end my morning session. Wayne, you may be right on the pipe organ. There may be no way to faithfully capture the presence. I think a 5.1 recording presented in full surround sound would be the only way to get close and even then, you're going to need some beastly subs!

Lucinda Williams records some pristine albums. Depending on your taste in music, you may not enjoy her songs and I admit her vocals can be a little off putting at first but after listening to Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone a few times, I really enjoy listening to her work. No compression, distortion, or anything else that distracts. Real instruments, real music, real emotion, and real fun (IMHO). Hope you all enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

Cheers,

T Cobe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• bradorner's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 171
bradorner Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
T. Cobe, quality of creative output has suffered across the board in pursuit of quantity. Audio is easy to record and distribute, but quality gives way to a 'good enough' business mindset in order to enable streaming and smalk footprint. The same holds true in the photographic arts.

The market reality is that most consumers either don't care or (increasingly) dont know any better. Consider that 90% of folks under 30 listen to music almost exclusively from their phone through junk ear buds. And thats all they have ever known except for an occasional concert.

The good news is I think the pendulum is beginning to swing back the other way. Companies like GE are rekindling the qust for high quality by making it more accessible. I think Emotiva is another company doing this. Hopefully demand will force content to follow suit as technology marches forward.

Brad
Living Room:
Triton 1 - R,L
SuperCenter XL - Center
Triton 2 - Surrounds
SuperSat 50 - Rear surrounds
Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro
Emotiva XPA-1 G2 monoblocks, R/L/C,
Emotiva XPA-1L monoblocks: surrounds, rears

Home Office Office:
Triton 7 - R,L
Emotiva XPA1-L, Stealth DC-1 DAC
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back