file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
Listening to Stanley Clarke's rendition of "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat"...a most excellent recording with NO distortion.

Stanley Clarke & Friends/Live -- Goodbye Pork Pie Hat

T Cobe -- I know what you mean about hearing distortion in some of these recordings. I own the Mingus Ah Um cd and can hear it in various tracks...can be very annoying. In my opinion, ordering some of these cd's can be a "Crap Shoot".
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
Anthem,

Do you know if this distortion is present on the vinyl versions of these classic albums? Curious if the vinyl versions are better and if something is done wrong by the sound engineer in transferring the music to digital. I may hold off on buying any more classics until I test out a few of them on vinyl. My Emotiva XSP-1 arrives Wednesday. I'm debating if my next upgrade will be a balanced CD player or a turntable now... My Oppo BDP-103 sounds pretty good in my current set up. I'm excited to hear how a dedicated stereo pre-amp will improve my music.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
T Cobe: I haven't had a working turntable in my house for over 10 years, so as to how vinyl sounds on these recordings, I'm clueless in Kansas.

Your turning into quite the "Emotiva Poster Child" with all that new gear. I really think you're gonna like the XSP-1...I've heard high praise on their web site. As far as balanced connections are concerned, I can take it or leave it...not really a noticeable improvement even with $1000.00 Audioquest Cheetah XLR interconnects.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
Anthem,

I have found Emotiva to be a good value and worthy of their positive reviews. For me, my budget, and my use, their products are in the sweet spot. After the XSP-1, I may add their CD player but that will be it until I add Atmos. I admit that I also like matching gear, so the fewer brands in my set-up, the better. Throw in Marantz and Panamax and you've got a pretty good black and blue theme going. It should all look pretty good in a flush mounted AV equipment rack. Begin with the end in mind...

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
Hi all, I could not agree more with T Cobe about the Emotiva gear!! I am running XPA-2s in bridged mode and an XPA-1L for center. I also have a Panamax line conditioner. All the blue lights do look really good:) I am waiting on the reference version of the preamp/processor to come out later this year!!!

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• bradorner's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 171
bradorner Posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
Anthem, I've become an pretty big Emotiva fan over the past few years. Its been incremental, and each successive bit has been a very pleasant experience and I think really great values. Each piece has been terrific (which is why I've built up a pretty fun compliment of their product line).

T.Cobe, I suspect you'll love the XSP-1. My XMC-1 has been stellar. A few issues with Dirac and I'm not crazy about the remote, but sonically it is wonderful. The XSP will no doubt be every bit as good.
Living Room:
Triton 1 - R,L
SuperCenter XL - Center
Triton 2 - Surrounds
SuperSat 50 - Rear surrounds
Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro
Emotiva XPA-1 G2 monoblocks, R/L/C,
Emotiva XPA-1L monoblocks: surrounds, rears

Home Office Office:
Triton 7 - R,L
Emotiva XPA1-L, Stealth DC-1 DAC
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back