file Currently playing

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 9 years 1 week ago

anthem wrote: T Cobe: Have you noticed lately how much Wayne has been Clogging up the Currently Playing pages with his Love & Admiration for Me? I think he likes me. :cheer:

Anthem,

I see what you mean. I was going to say there is nothing wrong with a little bromance but then Wayne started quoting Steel Magnolias... Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing... No judging here. :lol:

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 1 week ago
This thread is getting better than the Sunday comics!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 1 week ago
Wednesday afternoon & Headboppin' in Kansas. Shilts/Headboppin' (2006) -- 2 Pesos For Bud.

Shilt's puts on a sax clinic on this one...the entirety of the cd has an energetic feel to to it.

Guy's...have you noticed that Wayne keeps coming back for more. I think he's listening to my video's, and enjoying them, and then pretends otherwise. :silly: closet smooth jazz junkie.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Splash51, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 1 week ago
Yeah, Bro Anthem, I come back and check this thread because I want to encourage you young guys! I put a thank you, even though I can't listen to more than 30 seconds of any of the music you post. Because I am a gentleman and want you to feel better about yourself. I am NOT sayin' you have major insecurity issues just because you pump yourself up and look in the mirror at your muscles 50 times a day, I am NOT sayin' that. Because I don't know. Just want to build you up bro.
And T. Cobe too, I don't want to guess why he is listening to Smooth Jazz (did I get that right? Never heard of it until Anthem started in here), I mean I can see you (Anthem) doin' all them reps and having to get some music on to pump you up, but I don't know what Bro T. is playing it for?
Maybe he is into "hydroponic gardening" and playing it so his "Plants" (IF you know what I mean) will grow faster!
I can't guess, but this is your supportive brother over here in Thailand sayin' "Get off on the top floor"!!!!!
I just placed an order with the Amazon for more 3 channel RCA Living Stereo SACDs (Love that 3 across the front sound) and classical blu-ray concerts. I got all the Barenboim blu-rays of his Bruckner Symphonies coming, I started with the 6th and it blew me away, so I ordered the rest. Can't wait to get my order, will be a few weeks I expect.
I would love, in my retirement years, to actually get to understand a LOT more about classical music, to be conversant about so much more of it. Not that I would ever have anybody to converse WITH about that awesome music!!!!! Never mind, I talk to my self a lot more these days. Ha
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Wayne,

I agree on the smooth jazz. I just can't get into it. It sounds like something out of a bad 70s movie, the kind my parents used to think they were slick about hiding somewhere the kids wouldn't find them... :huh:

I have been trying to broaden my appreciation for real music, played with real instruments, by real musicians and classic jazz is some of the best. I find it relaxing after a stressful day but certainly can't workout to it: that would require some alternative rock or hip hop (I know how much you and Anthem LOVE rap!). BTW, I do not have a green thumb so no hydroponics here but maybe you're onto something... Maybe I'll try some jazz for the plants we do have. I've got a cascade hop vine that I just planted this year that doesn't seem to be doing much. :laugh:

Post some of your classical music you are enjoying on Blu-Ray, please. I would certainly like to find some that I enjoy to broaden my tastes in that direction. I have several stereo disks from the Time series of classic composers. As I've illuded to previously, I love the organs and Bach is one of my favorites but I'd definitely like to hear more. Unfortunately, the Time series disks are a bit flat in terms of sound quality. Some Blu-Ray concerts may be just the ticket.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: more info_outline
Thanks Bro T.
I don't want to say anything bad about someone else's choice of music. I respect Bro Anthem's choice and I am glad he supports those musicians as they would all starve to death if they were waiting for me to buy one of their CDs.
And I will let you and Anthem or whomever else enjoy the rap and hip hop.
Don't get me wrong, I can go Alt. in a sec. Rockin' and rollin' and LOTS of different kinds of music too.
BUT
You axed me about classical blu rays.
Just to get you started, and this is only the tip of the ice berg, and to give you some choice here.
Do you like cello?
The cello sounds awesome played on my T2s and I would think it sounds even better on your Ones.
I cannot recommend the Barenboim Wagner, Elgar and Brahms highly enough. The Elgar Cello Concerto is awesomely played by Ms Weilerstein, and both she and Daniel B. seem to have a special connection (you can read about the emotional nature of Elgar's piece and Barenboim's own personal ties to the music) to the music. This is the stuff of musical dreams to me. The sound is to die for.
Do you like violin? I know you like Bach!
As unlikely as this recommendation sounds (I never liked ANY of Herbert von Karajan's interpretations of ANY music, though his Berliner Philharmoniker is AWESOME) Anne-Sophie Mutter on a Bach Violin solo is fantastic and under the direction of Ozawa, the orchestra is playing the way I love to hear music. Oh and dig the Tchaikovsky "Pathetique" The sound is to die for.
Do you like piano?
Barenboim takes the solo piano playing Chopin Piano Concerti with a lovely orchestra under the direction of Andris Nelsons, a favorite newer, young conductor that everybody loves now. The sound of piano and orchestra are to die for.
And the picture quality is sooooo good, it is kinda bad. Ms Mutter is lovely to watch and listen to, Ms Weilerstein is probably better to listen to with the eyes closed and Daniel Barenboim's every hair, whether on his head or hands or nose can be seen.
Personally I LOVE to see the musicians (soloists and orchestra) play their instruments with such grace, skill and aplomb. I love to see who is making the music. Sometimes, yes, it can detract from the listening, but most times it adds.
Those are just three starters, you can look back in this thread and others for more recommendations.
But I am pleased to repeat this information for you buddy! Wish I could come over and listen to these on your system!!!!
Happy Listening, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back