heart Power Cords

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Wayne, I haven't tried the Audience PC, but I can say the Audience AU24 SX interconnects and speaker cables have a slight edge over the Morrow Elites I had been using. Don't know how this translates to PC.

Heimdall 2 is the best PC I've tried, better than Red Dawn.

So there you have it, a whole bunch of different cables in different systems. Pretty hard to hear through the fog.

Of course, we all wonder what exists higher up the cost chain...

I've often wondered if a system is limited by the weakest component or whether there are different characteristics that are associated with different parts of the system. If you keep getting better PCs, for example, do you reach a point where you can't hear a difference because another component or link is now the weakest? One thing's for sure, I haven't hit any kind of limit with the TRefs.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 10 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Thanks Rick, so where in the hierarchy of power cords would you put the Audience from your listening experiences so far?
IF it is too soon to say, I will wait.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne

It's a bit early to slot the Heimdall in with the others including the Audience, want to hear a wider variety of material like full concerts, but a snapshot right now would be Heimdall at the top. It is REALLY good. Audience and Nordost Blue Heaven run a close race. Both are clean, natural, revealing. AntiCable Reference 3's are THE most revealing I think, but in my system and for my listening tastes, a bit brighter. Heimdall THE most natural sounding. Again, my system, my listening preferences. YMMV.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Thanks guys, look forward to more with more listening.
Where do you guys buy these PCs?
I looked online to see the price and got scared, one place that sells the Heimdall, it was the Heimdall 2, is that right? The top of their page had information about financing!!!! Then looking further down the page I could see why. And then, further down they had the Frey 2 PC and I would need a mortgage.
Does any place provide better prices?
I see Nordost has a Thai distributor, but am sure, without even checking, that the price would be way more than Stateside.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 5 years 10 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Where do you guys buy these PCs?
I looked online to see the price and got scared, one place that sells the Heimdall, it was the Heimdall 2, is that right?

Yes, it's the Heimdall 2, and the prices do get scary. I would love to try the REAL high end stuff, but Holy Moly!

I buy my Audience and Nordost cables from authorized dealers, which I locate using the manufacturers' websites. I live in the middle of nowhere (audio speaking), and my nearest dealers are at least 200 miles away (GoldenEar only 125 or so). So I figure out who I'm going to buy from and pick up the phone and order direct from the dealers.

Pricing is pretty much the same everywhere for Audience and Nordost; both of them support their dealers this way. Sales taxes do vary by state and are getting positively obnoxious in some locations (like San Francisco). Hint: Oregon has no sales tax.

For what it's worth, Morrow sells direct over the internet. He also makes PCs that I haven't tried.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 10 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Thanks guys, look forward to more with more listening.
Where do you guys buy these PCs?
I looked online to see the price and got scared, one place that sells the Heimdall, it was the Heimdall 2, is that right? The top of their page had information about financing!!!! Then looking further down the page I could see why. And then, further down they had the Frey 2 PC and I would need a mortgage.
Does any place provide better prices?
I see Nordost has a Thai distributor, but am sure, without even checking, that the price would be way more than Stateside.
God Bless,
Wayne

I got the Audience PC from Dedicated Audio, $149.95, the Nordosts from Music Direct (tel. 1 800 449 8333), $262 for the Blue Heaven and $655 for the Heimdall, with shipping. Paid about $20 extra for the Heimdall to get 2 day shipping.

I just called Music Direct. They are an authorized U.S. distributor only. I'll e mail you the Thailand Dealer listed on Nordost's web site here if you're curious about pricing through them.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Hey Guys,
I found a Nordost Odin PC used, originally $11K they said, but discounted to $5100.
If you guys are interested, I will send a link to you.
Like the old adage says, "Cheap at half the price"!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back