file SuperSat 5.1 System > Triton 7.4.4 System

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago

Moderator wrote: Common misconception, the MPX is not bipolar, the angled drivers create wider dispersion (in this in-wall environment) to match the HVFR tweeter's wider horizontal dispersion. Makes them sound much more like a Triton Tower than a conventional in-wall that is limited by the effects of the very large (infinite) baffle.

And thanks T Cobe, you and the other owner-experts are a huge part of this successful forum and your input and comments are always greatly appreciated, especially by me!

Thanks, Mr. Moderator. I enjoy the forum very much due to the positive tone and helpful nature that you and the long standing members have created. There are a lot of trolls out there on the internets and some forums seem to promote and nurture them. :laugh: It's great to have a place where it is safe to ask questions, share ideas, and even make mistakes without being antogonized. And of course, thanks to you and the whole GET team for giving us so much to talk about!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rob138's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 47
Rob138 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Christmas came early this year! The Triton Ones and SuperCenter XXL are setup so far, but I haven't had a chance to turn them up yet. They are connected to a Marantz SR5010 via Belden 5T00UP 10 AWG cable and BJC LC-1 Subwoofer cables from BlueJeansCable. I couldn't wait to hear them so I still need to do some sort of cable management before I upload some "completed" pictures for you guys.

On that note, I need some help with the calibration especially when it comes to the low end. When running the Audessy calibration, it pulls the sub level down to the lowest level (-12db). Right now, the LFE level on the Tritons are set to the 12 o'clock position and the bass seems to be lacking. I remember reading someone here has their Triton Ones via speaker cable and subwoofer cable and had better results than just having the speaker cables connected only. Crossover settings are 40Hz for the Triton Ones and 60Hz for the SuperCenter XXL.

I'm going to purchase an SPL meter today since the one on my cell phone is probably not going to give me the best results.
Triton One Front L/R
SuperCenter XXL
Invisa MPX Surrounds
Marantz SR5010 7.2 Receiver
Sony KDL-46XBR4
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Hi Rob138,

You need to start over on the setup.

1) Don't use Audyssey, at least not to start, you need to undo all of that;
2) Do a manual setup, Triton Ones set to LARGE (no crossover), others to SMALL and 80Hz crossover (to start), Sub to YES;
3) Connect speaker wires AND LFE Cables to the Tritons;
4) Read the Sandy's Setup Tips document on our website support menu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Rob138

• Rob138's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 47
Rob138 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Thanks, Moderator. I knew there was something fishy about the Audyssey. I'll run the manual setup when I get back home later today! Should the SuperCenter XXL be set to small?
Triton One Front L/R
SuperCenter XXL
Invisa MPX Surrounds
Marantz SR5010 7.2 Receiver
Sony KDL-46XBR4
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 11 months ago
You bet, my pleasure. We want you to enjoy them :)

Yes, "others" included the SuperCenter. Forum members who have experimented with different crossover points may have some feedback, but SMALL and 80Hz is the best starting point. I always suggest you tweak later, after the system has played for a while and you have things all set and sounding right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Rob,

Congrats!!! That's exciting news! Seems like just yesterday when I received my T1s. You are in for some fun times ahead. Good choice on the cables as well. I just installed the Belden 10 gauge wire as well.

You definitely want to get a sound meter to get things tuned in properly and adjust to the way you like it. I have my T1s connected with speaker level and LFE inputs as our Moderator has described and they work extremely well. I have my LFE for movies about 5 dB high, 80 dB versus 75, because I like a little extra LFE in my system. I'm at about the 13:00 position for the gain knob on the T1s and about -8 dB in my receiver for LFE. Audessey tried setting my LFE around -15 and that was just too low.

The hardest speaker for me to dial in was the center channel. I believe I am at 70 hz for the crossover setting and about 77 dB ,+2 over reference, to achieve the sound I wanted. I'm only using the SCXL. The issue I had was the T1s taking over the center channel frequencies between the center crossover frequency and the sub cut off. So between 70 and 100 Hz. Amplifying these frequencies caused what I referred to as bass bloat and sounded very chesty, powerful, and unnatural. Your results will vary and this was just my preference.

I'm excited for you and to hear more as you tune in your system. Pics when you can, please. Enjoy the journey!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Rob138

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice SuperSat 5.1 System > Triton 7.4.4 System