• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by ArthurDaniels. info_outline
Rob,

This GE Website contains complete Triton One Specs - look under Products and drill down to the Triton Ones.

T. Cobe has had a poor experience with Integra/Onkyo. I have an Onkyo NR 3009 9.2 channel receiver as my main unit. I did have my initial one fail, but Onkyo promptly replaced it and provided pre-paid return shipping. My NR 3009 has two sub outputs which I have connected to the two Triton One LFE inputs. My Onkyo also has an Analog Direct Bass option which allows me to send analog bass signals down the sub out lines to the Ones LFE inputs. I find this feature to be a perfect capability for how I want to configure my system.

Before you purchase a receiver, think about how you want to configure your system, then check features carefully. You can usually find a receiver's owner's manual on line and available for PDF download, so you can easily study a favored receiver's features and capabilities.

I agree with T. Cobe - you will likely not need an additional sub with a pair of Ones. My Ones are in a room approximately 16 x 22 which also contains a lot of other furniture. Because of their shape and color, my Ones are unobtrusive. In my configuration, with Analog Bass being fed to the Ones, I have plenty of bass for both music and movies with the LFE gain control on the Ones set to minimum.

Debt-free is a wonderful thing, but so is free use of other folk's money. If your GE dealer offers extended same-as-cash financing, I doubt that he will discount the purchase as an alternative. But, check out all your options.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Rob138

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Well, I guess this is not the place to discuss finances, especially one person's take on what we should all do with our finances. I never heard any of D. Ramsey's teaching/training personally but I know lots who have and I could NOT agree more!!!!!!
(I don't know anything about same-as-cash financing, that might be swell if it really is true).
There is nothing wrong with saving up to buy something, good on all you who do and don't buy on credit.
And there is nothing better to save your coin for than GEt speakers!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, Rob138

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by ArthurDaniels. info_outline
Wayne,

Extended terms "same-as-cash" plans are widely available at U.S. retailers for buyers with good credit ratings. But, a buyer frequently needs to ask for those terms. I have used this approach for many years to finance large-ticket purchases. In 2009, I bought a Toyota Sienna Van with nothing down (no trade either) and 36 months same-as-cash financing offered directly by Toyota. The critical point to remember is that the interest charges are referred to as "deferred interest" - meaning that if the entire principal balance is not paid within the allotted time period, then the entire deferred finance charge amount becomes due and payable.

Whenever I use this approach, I carefully calculate the payments due and when the entire offer expires in order to make sure that I have paid the entire principal balance before the time period ends. Monthly payments are required with these plans, but the minimum monthly amount due is almost always less than what should be paid if I am making equal monthly payments across the period.

In summary, for disciplined purchasers, these plans are useful for conserving cash. But "The Piper must still be paid".

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Rob138's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 47
Rob138 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Finally was able to properly audition the Triton Ones and, I have to say, you guys were not joking around about these speakers. Super clear, great bass, and the sound stage was amazing! I only auditioned them in a 2 channel setup so pairing this with the SCXXL and two MPX for surround should be heaven on earth! My dealer let me listen to the competition (Bowers & Wilkins) and, honestly, I thought the Tritons beat them out at only a fraction of the price. The B&Ws were on separates with an equalizer AND a $4,000 subwoofer totaling over $25k! The Tritons were running through a 200W receiver and still beat up the B&Ws. Incredible!

I had to stop myself from throwing my money at the dealer. :woohoo:

So thank you guys for talking me into giving the Tritons a try over the SuperSats. I know I would have liked the SSs, but I am definitely in love with the Tritons.

Bringing all of my plans together, I have one (or two) more questions for you guys before I pull the trigger. My dealer suggested I go with the Invisa MPXs for surrounds. Have you guys had any experience with these speakers vs. the SuperSat 3s for surrounds? Also, have anyone had any experience with Integra receivers? My dealer has the Integra DTR-30.7 in stock that he's willing to give me a deal on if I bundle it all into my GET order.
Triton One Front L/R
SuperCenter XXL
Invisa MPX Surrounds
Marantz SR5010 7.2 Receiver
Sony KDL-46XBR4
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Rob138,

I'm glad you were able to audition the Triton Ones. I had no doubt you would love the Triton towers regardless of the model. Regardless of your price point, they have some great options that all present tremendous value! Put those same Triton Ones on the fancy electronics and they'll sound even better.

As far as surrounds go, I have Aon3s for rear surrounds and like them very much. I had them paired with my SCXL before I purchased my T1s and they sounded great no matter what I played or where I positioned them. If you're going Atmos, MPX may not be the best choice as Dolby recommends normal front firing speakers at ear height for full frequency directional sound. If you want to go in wall, the Invisa 650 may be a better choice. I have debated for some time over another set of Aon3s, Triton 5s, Triton 2s, and Triton 3s. I'm still undecided. Truth be told, this is a bit of a hair splitting contest and whichever way you go, it will sound great.

Regarding the Integra receiver, I have been an Integra owner for nearly a decade. I love their sound and they pack a lot of features into their receivers. They are a great value; however, I will not buy another Integra due to quality issues. They have had HDMI switching issues across several models and model year and do not fix the problem for a long time. Many dealers are not carrying them anymore due to the manufacturing defect that they failed to correct for so long. In this day and age, there are too many options to allow an issue like this to go unchecked for so long. I have had issues with both of my Integras. My next purchase will most likely be a Marantz. I'm leaning towards the 7702 mkII this holiday season.

Take my opinions with a grain of salt. Everyone has opinions and ultimately, you need to make the decision that is best for you. Whatever you decide, it will sound great. Let us know what you decide and how things evolve.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Rob138

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Thanks for the great comments. :)

The Invisa MPX, installed in-wall at ear height, is an ideal surround speaker in an Atmos environment, as long as you want an in-wall. It is quite full range so more like the Aon than the SuperSat. If you read the reviews of the GoldenEar Atmos system trade show demos, you will see that they were all done with the MPX at the back of the sound room installed at approximately ear level.

The SuperSat is the correct on-wall solution for most environments, and properly configured will do an excellent job at surround channel duties. Neither would be like having some Triton Towers for surrounds, as some of the members have, but both will do a very credible job at creating an engrossing surround field in your GoldenEar theater room.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Rob138

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice SuperSat 5.1 System > Triton 7.4.4 System