file Triton Bass Management With LFE Connection

• Stephen1254's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Stephen1254 Posted 6 years 1 month ago
I'm trying to figure out how my speakers and my processor are handling bass management. My theater system is a 7.5.4, with Triton One's as front Left/Right, Triton Two's as surround Left/Right, and a Forcefield Five subwoofer. As the system is used 70% for movies, each Triton and the subwoofer is connected with cables from the subwoofer out of my processor to the LFE input; I use a series of Y cables to split the single subwoofer out. Each subwoofer level was set individually with a SPL meter, and the five subwoofers blend together for very smooth and powerful bass when I watch a movie.

However, when I listen to two channel music in a direct mode, with no surround processing, I get a full range signal through my front Left/Right Triton One's, and no signal through the balance of the subwoofers. I am guessing that this is because low bass is present in the music, but is not detected as a LFE signal?

I realize that I can connect my front Left/Right speakers using speaker wire alone, connect the subwoofer with speaker wire from my front Left/Right speakers, and leave the surround speakers connected from the subwoofer out on my processor. That would allow three subwoofers to be utilized when I am listening to music, my front Left/Right and the subwoofer. I wouldn't get the other two subwoofers for music, but I would get them for LFE when watching movies.

So, I have two questions. Is there a way to utilize all five subwoofers while listening to two channel music? If I connect the front Left/Right speakers and the subwoofer using speaker wire, do I lose any LFE present in the movies for those speakers?

This stuff was much easier 40 years ago....
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 1 month ago
There is no LFE signal on a stereo source so when fronts are set to Large there is no signal on the LFE cables.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

There is no LFE signal on a stereo source so when fronts are set to Large there is no signal on the LFE cables.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Bass Management With LFE Connection