file Gaia Isolation Feet

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 6 years 10 months ago
Hey Art:
I relayed your "floating idea" of adding the T Refs to your setup, and your wife's response, to my wife of 22 years. Her response, "HE SHOULD HAVE THEM"...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 10 months ago

anthem wrote: Hey Art:
I relayed your "floating idea" of adding the T Refs to your setup, and your wife's response, to my wife of 22 years. Her response, "HE SHOULD HAVE THEM"...

Hang on to that lovely and simpatico gal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 10 months ago
Hey Bro Art,
I be "knowin'" that LOOK, "what could you be thinkin??" and be careful that it is not the last thing on this earth you be thinkin!!!!!

Ha ha, good thing for us the TOnes are sooooo great!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, Wayne - the Ones are very satisfactory indeed. I am sure that we would enjoy the Refs a bit more. But, for the time being, I shall be content with my Ones and my lovely and knowing bride.

For we hapless males of long matrimonial status, the process has been to learn to understand the concept of "Points". We earn points and we spend points. Frequently, we expend points without knowing that we are so doing - thus it is always good to boost the supply of points whenever possible.

One other point about "Points" -- regarding earning and expending points, the rate of exchange is never equal.

For you younger guys -- take in these words of wisdom from your elder buddy and go and do likewise.

Art, the Elder (about to turn 76).
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Pitkow33's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 39
Pitkow33 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
I decided to try the GAIAs, knowing I can use them with my 2s now and someday with the TRefs as well. Can’t really a/b test given the act of having to change the feet around (vs. the dealer demos where they could switch between speaker pairs) but golly if I don’t notice a difference. Maybe its placebo effect or wishful tweaking thinking, but I have noticed the removal of some glare at the high end and smear in the middle.

My set up is on tile floor in a new area of the house so well built, however the whole floor is a bit flexible as its over a basement using structural OSB beams and I noticed a lot of vibration around the speakers.

I have gone from the supplied rubber feet (sounded mushy), to MapleShade platforms with heavy brass feet (didn’t help much) to the supplied spikes. Spikes made a decent improvement, and now the GAIA feet seem to have cleaned the sound up further and the vibration around the speakers is pretty much gone entirely. Interested if anyone else tries these kinds of tweaks over time and now I’m dreaming of upgrading source (Naim SuperUniti) and to the TRefs.:) :) :) :)
Mac Mini Server (2012 version) w/ Roon Server -> Naim Nova -> NAC A5 Speaker Cable -> Goldenear Triton 2s
Airtunes -> Naim Nova for convenience, Tidal, Spotify via Roon or Naim App
UpTone Audio LPS 2 Power Supply, PS Audio Dectet
GAIA II feet for Triton 2s
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by ArthurDaniels. info_outline
I'm very happy with my Home Depot Round-head bolt solution. Much less expensive and very stable - also kind to my tile floor and would be equally kind to hardwood. If you're interested, find my thread on using these very inexpensive round-head bolts in place of the spikes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitkow33, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Gaia Isolation Feet