file Gaia Isolation Feet

• WashedUpAudio's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 7
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WashedUpAudio Posted 5 years 6 months ago
FMaximus said: "I understand his new C-Marc cables are even better but after replacing amps, DAC and pre in the last 6 months i need to focus on listening to some music and saving up some $$$$$"

I hear that mate! Adagio set me back 2 lifetimes worth of meat pies and my kidney. But for half a liver more and a double mortgage I did manage to sample the first and second generations of the new Lessloss C-MARK power cables at the same time independently and together. I still have ears.

Please read this carefully huh, I have tried both c-mark power cables from Lessloss and with just one power cable, the Ver2 tri weave, you may not get the desired massive audio improvement I experienced And I mean MASSIVE ! --> when using ver 1 and 2 together, not when using just one Lessloss power cable version. Well the Lessloss Ver1 single (now sold exclusively as the XLR interconnect cable cord in their lineup) is amazingly dynamic as a power cable. Beyond belief in fact! too much actually.. sounds attenuated at 120hz perhaps. I read this opinion on a Lessloss forum and I agree. Ver2 tri weave (received after ver 1 burn in trial) is completely different. Sound is perfect flat, neutral, not as in soundstage but in that all frequencies have been given equal rights to access full amplitude 'in their own space' like no other cable I've heard. Voices and single instruments are insanely accurate. So holographic, I am looking out the window to see who is outside singing or playing music, like I did at the start of owning T1's. Very accurate treble on Ver2 can be detailed as very clear highs but easily, oh so easy with different preamp and other cables could sound 'tishh' on cymbals rather than 'tingk' at the very top end even after 400hours burn in (btw, 400hrs on each cable (Adagio was burning in over 4 weeks to be ready for testing Lessloss). No cable is perfect, none, there is always a trade off, so Ver 1 has been best suited to XLR interconnect now and I can understand why as its dynamics are insane, but lighter and the sound needs a little meat, as a single power cable.

The Ver2 tri is the one to keep if owning only 1 Lessloss power cable and is the only available c-mark power cable sold unless ver1 is special ordered for non amp power cable(?). But the combination... OMG are they good together... ver1 on "first" and ver 2 on 'follow up" component, or amp, any order as long as the Ver1 is before Ver2. So obviously you would not put Ver1 on the amp. They work very very well with Tellurium Q (neutral/black background) but not so great with Analysis Plus power (Oval 2) ('soap bubble' mid bloom prone is nice alone but not great mixed with Lessloss design (I use APlus crystal copper interconnects and love them, they stay, better than silver I've tried, to me).

So Ver 1 on Oppo105d (as renderer duties only), to Ver2 on Adagio, TQ black on pre/amp. Now if I move the Ver1 and 2 combo down with the TQ black running on the Oppo it sounds identical. This is odd and usually any change in power cable sequence will show an audible difference. Lessloss do not seem to alter the overall systems sound signature when moved about as a combo and in my system. Odd I recon but cool!
Yea, system dependant but again... WOW ! Never ever have cables lifted my system to these audio heights. I can use Jaycar Jumbo speaker cable and not really tell too much between it and 3k speaker cables. Not so with power cables, LL Do emphasize detail and presence like nothing I've ever tried and I feel like some music is surrounding me in 3d on hi res tracks. But this is the non official Ver1 and 2 combo. The single Ver2 Power cable they sell as the only C-Mark power is wonderful on its own as a dedicated listening cable. Yes but together (Ver1 and Ver2), you can walk around the house or criticality listen and it delivers the same sound sig. Like a BBW ballerina dancer. Equally as Hefty and nimble in one, in the same quantity.

a single Ver2 is best for critical listening and the "around the house" sound is recessed relative to the (non standard) Ver 1 and 2 combo so is best for intentional listening where it shines, respecting all subtle detail as its strong point with a wide, even volume soundstage. Ver2 sounds slower than other power cables I have, giving the impression the transients are blunted but instead I feel it allows the music space to fill up with detail. I would say they are not faster or slower when in fact the bpm is the same but the info is pulled out and packed in with breathing room. The honest Adagio helps in that slant. I need to turn my amp up and the subs up by 1 hour to stay same volume as before running Ver2. It needs 'volume pressure' to have its talents break trough. Quiet listening would not bring out Ver2's nuances in my system. Sounded dry(not fleshed out) at low volume, and I use hot valves so no idea for SS folk on that point. Ver2 is a more informative and attentive 'professional' audiophile sound and I imagine when combined with the LL interconnects it will bring it back to the Ver1 - 2 synergy of dynamic sound I am amazed at. I would like to hear the interconnects combined but I have to stop now and buy food.
Gear in use:
* Laptop (Brazzo cpu tweak keeps noise/heat low) with jRiver DLNA server only all upsampled to 192-24 (except sacd, dff, dsf)
* Oppo 105d renderer only (Lessloss c-mark ver1 Single)(Analysis Plus Digital Crystal spdif) - (will replace with Soundaware D300ref via I2s to Adagio May/June)
* Metrum Adagio (Lessloss c-mark ver2 Tri) (Analysis Plus Solo Crystal RCA )
* VTL IT-85 (Tellurium Q black) - Valve Preamps are damp/warm/kind for clear highs relative to say, transistors in general and only this LL combo has smashed all valve anomilies to release the VTL to sound like a modern SS Amp. Again, amazing cables in my config.. the VTL is reborn.
* Goldenear Triton 1 (Analysis Plus Power oval 2's (they are spare now I use LL but power cables on T1's not so major)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, FMaximus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WashedUpAudio's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 7
WashedUpAudio Posted 5 years 6 months ago
Lessloss have fantastic customer support and have terminated C-Mark with NZ Furutech plugs no problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• FMaximus's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 13
FMaximus Posted 5 years 6 months ago
Couldn’t agree more. Louis is extremely helpful.
Auralic Vega G2 ➡️ Plinius RA-150 ➡️ Goldenear Triton One.R

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 6 months ago
Yes, some "breathing space" under the base is mandatory for best sound. This is true of most any floor standing speaker with significant bass extension and output.

• bradorner's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 171
bradorner Posted 5 years 5 months ago
I've been using the SVS Sound Path Subwoofer Isolation feet on my T1's and T2's for probably 2 years now. I'm very happy with them. I notice an immediate improvement in the decoupling the bass from the structure of the room. I live in a condo, so I'm trying to be a good neighbor. These definitely help.
Living Room:
Triton 1 - R,L
SuperCenter XL - Center
Triton 2 - Surrounds
SuperSat 50 - Rear surrounds
Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro
Emotiva XPA-1 G2 monoblocks, R/L/C,
Emotiva XPA-1L monoblocks: surrounds, rears

Home Office Office:
Triton 7 - R,L
Emotiva XPA1-L, Stealth DC-1 DAC
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• CraigP's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
CraigP Posted 4 years 1 month ago
I just installed these under my Triton Twos and SuperCenter XL and was shocked at the improvement. The center to a lesser degree, but the the towers experienced a marked improvement in clarity. It made me curse under my breath.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Gaia Isolation Feet