file New Triton 1s!

• RS1506's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 107
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
RS1506 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
I feel your pain on getting these babies home guys... I am fortunate to have a dodge caravan as a company car so was able to slide them in with the help of the burly sales guy. Once home, my new son in law (their first anniversary is next week) helped me "slide" them up the carpeted stairs to my man cave. I was huffin' and puffin' and he stood patiently while I caught my breath. Sad but they were up there!

I'm fortunate that my mrs. doesn't care what they look like since my man cave is mine, all blue (with a new burgundy painted wall to the left with a nice Fender bass tapestry at the first reflection point) but she admits I picked some nice blue combo's. Regardless, they are a bit large and imposing IF they were going in a shared area of the house. But such is the price for sonic excellence! :)

atb

Gus
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 4 months ago
My wife was pretty accepting after she got over the initial shock of how large they are. She trusts me to put together a good home theater. They are large but they blend in well...

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, DGA, fredting

• bradorner's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 171
bradorner Posted 9 years 4 months ago
I got my T1s home by putting them atop my sedan on my car rack. I strapped them down around the roof through the windows so that the rack mounting screws didn't take all the torque. I also strapped around the boxes wrapping the around strap to the roof straps with a tarp underneath to protect the boxes from the elements. Worked like a charm. The dealer helped put them up on the rack.

When I got home, I slid them off slowly down the sides of the car - wasn't tough, let gravity do most of the work. To get them inside, I used a small foldup dolly - piece of cake. Unboxing is a a bit of an engineering excercise, though. The 2nd one was easier once I figured the first one out. Did it all solo.

I will say, thought, that despite the T1s only be a few inches taller and deeper than the T2s, there did seem more work to get unboxed. And they look a bit bigger than the difference in dimensions would suggest - more from the sides - from the front they don't seem all that much bigger than the 2s.

Brad
Living Room:
Triton 1 - R,L
SuperCenter XL - Center
Triton 2 - Surrounds
SuperSat 50 - Rear surrounds
Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro
Emotiva XPA-1 G2 monoblocks, R/L/C,
Emotiva XPA-1L monoblocks: surrounds, rears

Home Office Office:
Triton 7 - R,L
Emotiva XPA1-L, Stealth DC-1 DAC
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Looks AWESOME Brother T Cobe!!!!!
I bet it sounds awesome too, but I would change the seating first chance I get and make a center seat in there.
I had to buy one love seat and one recliner, then position ONE seat on the love seat in the center, that is my seat, the wife on the recliner, which she prefers and the girlie with me on the other seat. Love seats recline too, but not my style when listening to music or watching a movie.
I attached a pic, just a suggestion for family friendly seating.
YMMV, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• bradorner's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 171
bradorner Posted 9 years 4 months ago
very nice!!
Brad
Living Room:
Triton 1 - R,L
SuperCenter XL - Center
Triton 2 - Surrounds
SuperSat 50 - Rear surrounds
Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro
Emotiva XPA-1 G2 monoblocks, R/L/C,
Emotiva XPA-1L monoblocks: surrounds, rears

Home Office Office:
Triton 7 - R,L
Emotiva XPA1-L, Stealth DC-1 DAC

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Thanks, Wayne. Due to the size and layout of the room, moving the seating isn't very feasible. I'm big on symmetry and things are pretty well laid out at this point. It's great for movies just a little off for 2-channel audio. I have some beanbag chairs for when we have additional guests over and I have found that I can plop down on one of those, dead center, and be immersed in perfect stereo imaging. Since I spend so little time listening to music, about 10% :( , it's not that inconvenient.

Your set up looks great! I wouldn't mind seeing some shots of your speakers, electronics, and screen if you're willing to share. I'm sure things may be in a bit of disarray right now while you integrate your XMC-1 but once you have things back in order, maybe? Hopefully you don't have too many more late nights trying to get things set up exactly the way you want them. Sounds like you've had a few late night sessions this week already.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, DGA

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back