• fopmc's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fopmc Posted 9 years 4 months ago

dfontalbert wrote: Thanks T Cobe!

Unfortunately, I opened the first box last night and my speaker was damanged :(

The box had huge gashes in it and the base of my T1 was broken literally in half! I was so bummed. The top of the speaker was completely loose and the front of the speaker itself seemed to be loose under the sock!

The second box was awful as well, though the speaker appeared to be fine.

I hooked them up anyway, and I think the one is damaged, as there is a definite lack of midrange substance.

Going to contact my dealer once they open for business, and I'm sure they'll make it right. Bad thing is they are 300+ miles from me and these were shipped as there is no dealer in WV, sadly.

I'm hopeful once I get the replacement the sound is what I expected... I was quite frustrated!

Dave

Oh boy! Feel really bummed for ya!
It's also no easy exercise to get them out and in of those boxes, I had to return one of them (Amp Hiss), but luckily I have a great dealer! However, once you get a good one, I can tell, it is all worth it.

Good luck with the whole process. Fingers crossed for ya!

Thanks
Po

PS. Do any of you guys keep your HUGE Triton 1 boxes, where in the world do you keep them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, dfontalbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Dave,

What a bummer! I waited months for mine. I can't imagine how disappointed I would have been to see that when I got them home. Sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine how badly those would have to have been mishandled for that to happen! They are packaged extremely well. That looks like they quite literally fell off the truck!

Does your dealer have them in stock? Good luck getting that swapped out in a hurry. Let us know when you're back up and running.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, dfontalbert

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Po,

Thankfully, I have a rather large storage area in my basement but the boxes are LARGE! It was quite an ordeal getting them home from my dealer. Fitting them in our Honda CR-V was like a 3D puzzle. I thought I was going to have to make two trips. Thanks to my experienced audio pro, we were able to get them both loaded. Of course, we had no rear visibility on the drive home... ;)

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• RS1506's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 107
RS1506 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by RS1506. info_outline
So Sorry to hear. Glad to see your enthusiasm for your T1's remains undaunted.

Good luck on getting the replacement in a timely manner.
My T1's are open box (guess the mrs. thought they were to big and ugly and made him bring them back. I got a good deal as a result) The first owner did a good job repacking and both T1's look brand new as they should be with no damage.

I am also sorry to hear to got one that had amp "hiss". I will be firing mine up this weekend and I am hopeful they will be hiss and problem free.

atb
Gus

• fopmc's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
fopmc Posted 9 years 4 months ago

T Cobe wrote: Po,

Thankfully, I have a rather large storage area in my basement but the boxes are LARGE! It was quite an ordeal getting them home from my dealer. Fitting them in our Honda CR-V was like a 3D puzzle. I thought I was going to have to make two trips. Thanks to my experienced audio pro, we were able to get them both loaded. Of course, we had no rear visibility on the drive home... ;)

Cheers,

T Cobe

That's awesome T Cobe!

I have an Odyssey myself, but with the car seats in the middle row, it still would have been difficult for me, luckily my dealer was able to pass my way after work and helped me load them into my basement, sheesh, I maybe able to bench 90lbs, but with those box dimensions, I'm sure my back wouldn't have survived the two on my own! :P

Thanks
Po

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Po,

A dealer that delivers? That's customer service! I had help packing them in the CR-V but I was on my own after that. Some days it pays to be a big lug! I was able to move mine from the back of our CR-V into our basement with a little care and a bit of sweat. Once I got the boxes to the carpet, I moved them around and followed Art's unpacking instructions. By the second one, I was a pro. When my wife saw them, her first word was "ridiculous!" They are large. :lol:

Cheers,

T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back