file Tell us your preamp/amp for Triton 1 (or others)

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hey Heatmiser44,
Well said if you ask me!!!!
That ought to make people buy one, and it might even be a good enough quote to get you quoted by GEt on the FaceBook!!!!
I am like you, not really good at the descriptive lingo stuff. IF I was better at it, I THINK GEt would have loaned me some Triton Ones to review for them (and get me a good, free listen!). But when I asked for review samples sent to my home, they asked me IF I had any credentials for reviewing???? They did not think that me reviewing a coupla CDs and Blu-rays on the Amazon was quite enough credentials. Doggone.
Happy Listening guy,
And keep the heat down, enjoy,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Heatmiser44: thanks for your input on the SCXXL, I hope you have found the SCXXL to be an absolute winner in both price and performance. Question: at Reference or near Reference level do you experience excessive sibilance with the female voice? How do male voices sound...is there any sibilance in any particular actor's voice? How does the SCXXL sound when seating is off center? With a well recorded blu-ray, do you feel you could listen to a movie at or near reference level with little or no fatigue?

I'm really interested in the SCXXL...these questions, as stated above, are where all Center Channel's (that I own) fall short. Your answer to these questions, whether positive or negative, will influence my decision on the purchase of an SCXXL. My Birthday is this month, wouldn't the SCXXL make an excellent Birthday Present? :cheer:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Ewardjr69's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 51
Ewardjr69 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
T Cobe,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have an integra 80.3 pre amp with an Emotiva XPR 2 running my T1s as well as a Emotiva XPA 5 running my XXL and 4 HTR 7000. I have an Oppo 103 and DirectTv. I'm about 80:20 HT to music so I have a Sony 55es projector and a Dalite screen. I've never been happier with my set up. I'm just contemplating next steps and I think the next step is Atmos
(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000, Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), Sony VPL 55es, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Darby Darblet, Oppo 103, Integra 80.3, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 5, Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Thanks, Ewardjr69! Looks like we have some similar equipment in addition to the layout and listening/watching habits. How have you found the performance of your Emotiva gear? I'm currently breaking in a XPA-5 running off of my Integra 70.2 as a pre/pro. I've been pretty happy thus far. I've noticed a pretty significant performance increase. Curious what others have found. Thanks again for sharing your set up. Happy listening!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Ewardjr69's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 51
Ewardjr69 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
T Cobe,

I love my emotiva gear! I love the clean power and build quality! I think they work great with my GoldenEar set up. I might have to get the XPA-7 if I add two more speakers for Atmos.
(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000, Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), Sony VPL 55es, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Darby Darblet, Oppo 103, Integra 80.3, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 5, Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• boggswade's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 34
boggswade Posted 9 years 1 month ago
I am running my Triton 1's through a Carver M1.5t power amp and am using a Marantz SR7009 as a pre-amp. The sound is awesome.
Goldenear TRef L/R
Goldenear SC Reference
Goldenear Aon 3 BRS & BLS
GoldenEar Sup Sat 50 LS & RS
GoldenEar Invisa (4) L/R Mid and L/R Rear Height
ML Motion 4 L/R Front Ht
ML Depth i Sub
Bryston 14B3
Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Emotiva XPA-6 Gen 3
Oppo UHD-203
Sony XBR 75X940e
Marantz AV 8805
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Tell us your preamp/amp for Triton 1 (or others)